• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My girlfriends mom keeps posting anti gun pictures and comments on Facebook, she's a school teacher who is completely against guns in schools, shes the original poster and I'm the jerk with the long paragraph.

Yet I'm sure she's glad she wasn't named Victoria Soto on Dec 14, 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary, right?

I'm sure your girlfriend is also glad.

3DPointCloud

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    SW IN
    I'm all about a "like" or a "share" regarding a 2A related pic or add especially when someone else has posted something positive. It's my world of poking back at the my friends with the hard left attitude. You have to get those folks some type of a reality check instead of living in some type of "safe and gun free fantasy world."

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I'm not a techie so no smart phone (I have a dumb phone, it just makes phone calls), no GPS, no FB (only post here and on USSCA), or any other such nonsense (IMHO).

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I commented on that photo right after One Million Moms posted it. I'm not sure how long my comment lasted but it did get deleted.

I liked your response except the comment about the teacher pulling a gun out of their desk drawer. Not a good place to keep it in my opinion. Did she respond to your post?
    I meant to include the word locked in there somewhere but it was 4 am and I was low on focus, hence me also not getting into the Oslo Norway shooting where 71 people were killed, mostly kids and the shooter only received 21 years, which is the maximum sentence in that country.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hell, I'm just glad a good portion of my friends on FB are pro 2A and own guns. One is a teacher who, if allowed, would gladly carry in her classroom.

The few friends I have that are anti 2A either already know my stance or I simply tolerate their opinions just as they have to tolerate mine.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    I get tired of seeing the stuff too but I can't complain too much because I am guilty of posting multiple links per week about NRA and other pro gun agendas.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I don't comment/repost or even post political posts on FB whether I agree with them or not. Life is better that way. I could care less what political leaning my FB friends are, I'm not on there for that.

I'm the exact opposite these days. My personal life and family is nobody's business unless I have a personal relationship with them.

I'll share the RKBA message, along with other political liberty issues, however.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I will probably write off putting political stuff on FB from here on out. I'm afraid my best friend and I(he is also my brother in law now) will cease being friends because of it. He's anti-gun and a liberal. He's as vehemently left as I am right. We almost came to blows last weekend at Christmas dinner.

I tried to explain to him later why there was a misunderstanding...but I believe its probably best to avoid political posts on there at all. Unfortunately I didn't learn my lesson until after I'd cost myself a friendship. Although...truthfully, it was probably bound to happen with or without FB. Newtown just sped things up I think.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I personally have a great disdain for that time-sink called facebook. I personally know someone very close to me whose marriage began to flounder because an old flame struck up an online tryst with their mate.
    I also have a sister-in-law that's lost in cyberspace because of that stupid "social networking" site. She has become consumed with telling the world about her every little thought.
    Ok, So I know this has little to do with the OP. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Hate facebook.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have been blowing up FB w/ pro 2a posts, forwards & shares. There are a few folks that still argue, but I just keep posting the facts & suggest they actually educate themselves.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My girlfriends mom keeps posting anti gun pictures and comments on Facebook, she's a school teacher who is completely against guns in schools, shes the original poster and I'm the jerk with the long paragraph.

images

Don't join! It's like when the demon possess little girl suddenly has that sweet voice and say, "Mommy, come give me a hug!" Don't do it! Don't join the evil Faceborg!

People just use Faceborg to spout of about whatever inane thought jumps in their heads hoping someone reads it and "likes" it. Chemically, the brain treats it the same as a rat pressing a level for a morsel of food.

Now INGO, that's different!
    :ingo:

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    For reasons like this I deleted my FB profile months ago. Very good response by the OP though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I have avoided getting entwined with The Stupid up until now, The Stupid being defined as replying to the anti-gun posts of some of my FB Acquaintances (whom I may drop in the near future...most of these people haven't called/seen/met me in years, and the older :oldwise: I get the less accepting I am of other people's BS!) and getting into a pointless online debate.

But today I was bored, so when my drinking buddy (hereafter =>:buddies:) who's been posting anti-gun crap on FB (but damn near had a sexual experience when he found my 1911A1 Meu/SOC Airsoft pistol when riding in my car, "This is cool as hell, dude!" ), posted this idiocy from the Being Lib(tard) FB page:

429040_10151219729561275_1219640043_n.jpg

..I bit :hooked:, but only because I think my friend can be brought around to the Light Side. I replied by posting this:

25047_367932956635279_196673115_n.jpg

Then some guy (hereafter: :abused:) I've never met but who also lives in Japan replied:

:abused:: "Right lets continue with the mass shootings thats way better."

Me :drill:: "Right...let's continue with more knee-jerk gun laws that will only affect the law-abiding gun-owners that ARE NOT(!!) the problem. Sure, there are 20,000+ gun laws/regulations in the U.S., not to mention the laws against murder, etc. that the crazies/criminals have ignored up to this point, but if we can pass just a few more they'll *surely* obey the new ones!

Right...let's continue with the same "gun-free zone" policies, which banned even licensed citizens from carrying firearms for personal defense in the places where these mass murders occurred, because the best way to protect the innocent is to remove the means for them to offer effective resistance against mass murderers, rapists, etc.

Right...let's collectively punish 80 million U.S. innocent citizens because of the actions of a handful of psychos...that's the mature, just, fair, Libertarian* thing to do!"

*Lists the Libertarian Party as his political affiliation, but supports gun control...WTF? :facepalm: :scratch:

:buddies:: "Hahahaha, we live in Japan and nobody is allowed to have guns. I know America isn't Japan but still, I mean, come on dude, if it works here, why can't it work over there."

:drill:: "... nobody is allowed to have guns."

Factually not true,
    :buddies:.

I personally know several Japanese good ol' boys that legally(!) own AR-15's (Gasp! Children cover your eyes!), M-1 Garands, M1A's (semi-auto version of the M-14), etc. Will send you so
    me pics... There are about 250,000+ civilian gun owners in Japan.

Japan's approach can't work in America because 1) with an estimated 250-300 million firearms in the States, you will never account for them all, in no small part to the fact that 2) any effort to do so would require 1984-esque Draconian measures that the American people of all political bents would (hopefully) never support. Notice that I said hopefully. History has shown again and again that when the hysteria-driven mob gets its way and gains political power, bad laws that have both intended and unintended consequences are passed, and entire groups of innocent people are marginalized and/or murdered by the State.

Gun control "works" in Japan...except when it doesn't. When I was living in Gunma, a Yakuza got wacked only about 1.5km from my apartment. To the best of my knowledge, that is the closest I have ever physically been to a murder. Not in "Everybody has a gun" 'Murica... Nope. The closest I have ever been to a place where someone died of gunshot wounds was right here in good ol' handgun banning Japan. Those that are determined to do evil will always find a way to do so, the laws be damned.

So therefore, I have a real problem with some rich hypocritical c:nono:t like Dianne Feinstein, who can afford a security detail and at one point in time was the only person in San Fran that had a concealed handgun license (some pigs are more equal than others), telling ME, my family, or any other responsible gun owner that they know what is best for me/us. The history of mankind has shown that the minute you allow any government the tiniest bit of control over anything, what seems like a good idea at first gives way to seriously stupid :poop: down the road later. Example: the TSA. The prosecution rests!
    Thus the claims of, "We're just after/trying to stop (insert the moral-panic of the day here), we don't want to (insert what their real agenda is here)," should fall on the deaf ears of anyone that has read a history book or two, and/or who does not need some f:nono:-wit politician passing more laws that move us even further toward being a Nanny State.
    "

...and then The Stupid shows up:

:abused:: "Yeah but I would rather live in a country that has comprehensive gun control and as a result has only 9 gun deaths a year than a basic free for all system like the us where we have over 11,000. If you think for one sec that allowing every crazy wack job out there all the killing machines that they can afford :drama: will keep you safer than you are willfully blinding yourself to every fact that is available. Try using some common sense and logic before you run your mouth off against people who actually took time to think and be informed about the subject at hand."

:n00b:: "military guys* fighting over gun control ftw"

* (Given the location he has listed (can't believe how many people let everybody and their dog see their info), he may be prior service Air Force)

:drill: : ""If you think for one sec that allowing every crazy wack job out there all the killing machines that they can afford..."

Strawman argument. I stated no such thing. You are free to point out any factual errors in *what I actually wrote*; you may not do so concerning something I did not write.

"Try using some common sense and logic..."

A childish ad hominem attack that undermines any credibility for your position. The EPIC FAIL of using such tactics is taught in high school debate class. The judicious use of logic and common sense would have prevented you from thinking that attempting to denigrate my intelligence (tested as being in the top 5th percentile of the population, but who's counting, eh?) is a valid way show the legitimacy of your position.

"...before you run your mouth off against people who actually took time to think and be informed about the subject at hand."

A baseless assumption that you cannot logically make due to a mere difference of viewpoint. I have been studying BOTH(!) sides (Levinson, Kellerman, Malcolm, Kleck, Lott, many others) of the 2nd Amendment/RKBA since the summer of 1984, :abused: (when you were 5 years old), so *that* dog don't hunt, either.

It is rather puzzling that you list the **Libertarian Party** under your "Political views". Quoting from their official home page:

"We affirm the individual right recognized by the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense. We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition."

Despite sharing the goal of seeking to protect innocent life, it is doubtful we will agree on the best approach to accomplish that shared goal, but picking apart the fundamental mistakes (strawman argument, ad hominem attack, baseless assumption) in your reply was quite enjoyable! Cheers!
    " :cheers:

:owned: :D

Last edited:

AlphaRHINO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Evansville
    Just my quick 2 cents...I find that many people who are "antigun" are clueless. Especially those on FB...I have found several people who are misinformed and just needed a bit of education.

DeadeyeChrista

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I de-activated my FB account many months ago.

Me too. I always ended up with drama.

I feel like people are so close-minded with the idea of guns within school. I went to a public school and our security guards (city police) carried tazzer. No one ever tried takin them or anything to make a s. guard use it. I'm okay with not everyone being allowed to carry but i believe at least one area police officer should open the main entrance for guests, maybe do a quick check. This officer would of course be armed. bare minimum.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    The last thing I posted on facebook:

Is it me, or has facebook degenerated into a big steamer? I see a lot of "remember when...", "like if you know...", and "Dial McNumber likes...". Theres not much thought anymore, mostly a bunch of people passing jokes around. Even that wasnt too bad until radio ads started begging "like us on facebook" and now fb is telling me what I like. How the **** would facebook know what I like? Just because my friends like Target doesn't mean I do. Even if I do like them I'm not going to "like" them.
    The biggest issue to me lately is the lack of privacy. It wasnt so long ago you could set your privacy so that only those you were friends with could see you facebook wall, info, pictures, etc. Not thats gone and it's open for any jackass with an axe to grind. I know, if I dont want anyone to know, dont put it online. Anywhere. For that reason I changed my name, picture, birthday, city, just about everything I could.
    Now the big experiment. I'm going to see how long I can go without facebook. I'll try to discover what it was I did in the days before facebook and even myspace.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom