• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    With all that has been going on in Plainfield lately my wife has decided that she wants to learn how to shoot.

So we went to ProTeq yesterday and braved the rain and cool weather. This was her second time shooting and her first time shooting my 9mm shield and she probably shot close to 80% accuracy. I will now be in fear for my safety the next time she gets mad at me. By the end of the day and after talking to Don she decided we would be taking some training classes once it starts to warm up. Then on the drive home she sent a video to a friend of hers and they set up for us to double date at the gun range next weekend. [video]https://youtu.be/WhXy43Pcjlk[/video]

It was a good day, we took the extended family out with us as well. My wife's two brothers were in town with their wife and girlfriend. Her aunt was also in town also. So along with her dad and all the others we had a lot of fun. I also tested out a new Glock 34 while we were there.

I just loaded 1,500 rounds of lead and we shot 1,000 yesterday, I have a feeling I'm going to be reloading a lot this winter.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Good for the two of you. My wife went to a ladies only class that helped her more than any help I could give.

It's funny how when some guys tell their wife that she is not gripping the pistol correctly they hear "You have never done anything right in you life" but when someone else tells her the same thing she responds and makes the correction.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I live in Plainfield! Whats been going on in Plainfield?

The school was shut down one day early for Christmas Break because threats had been made. Over the course of the last week the same individual/group made threats to Metropolis/Shops at Perry Crossing. It happened two or three times between last Friday and Tuesday, the mall closed. There were bomb sweeps and social media taunting by said individual/group.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    With all that has been going on in Plainfield lately my wife has decided that she wants to learn how to shoot.

So we went to ProTeq yesterday and braved the rain and cool weather. This was her second time shooting and her first time shooting my 9mm shield and she probably shot close to 80% accuracy. I will now be in fear for my safety the next time she gets mad at me. By the end of the day and after talking to Don she decided we would be taking some training classes once it starts to warm up. Then on the drive home she sent a video to a friend of hers and they set up for us to double date at the gun range next weekend. [video]https://youtu.be/WhXy43Pcjlk[/video]

It was a good day, we took the extended family out with us as well. My wife's two brothers were in town with their wife and girlfriend. Her aunt was also in town also. So along with her dad and all the others we had a lot of fun. I also tested out a new Glock 34 while we were there.

I just loaded 1,500 rounds of lead and we shot 1,000 yesterday, I have a feeling I'm going to be reloading a lot this winter.

That sounds like the start of a new family hobby. Well done.
    It's also to have a significant other that can help with the defense of your home and person. Big thumbs up.

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    We will be taking some couples training classes with Don out at ProTeq to learn how to work as a team, also she doesn't take direction from me very well.

Once we got home, our three year old son helped sort brass and clean one of the guns, then our five year old daughter helped set the reloader up for this weeks loading session.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The spouse made a trip to the range with me this week. 1st time in 25 years. She was never really interested until the recent events that put here in a mind to have the skills to defend herself.
    She did well. She has had questions all week so I do see this blossoming into something good.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The spouse made a trip to the range with me this week. 1st time in 25 years. She was never really interested until the recent events that put here in a mind to have the skills to defend herself.
    She did well. She has had questions all week so I do see this blossoming into something good.

Very nice. Good to know that someone will have your back if needed. :yesway:

Top Bottom