• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    This is the knife that has been spending the most time in my pocket lately. My first Spyderco and won't be my last. Spyderco Perrin PPT Black Corrugated G-10

I seem to have a problem getting my fat thumb into the hole on several Spyderco knives but this one is easy. Flicks open like an auto once you get the hang of it. I had been an assisted opening fan until this beauty entered my life.

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Ahh blades!! got to love em, Just took my ZT 501 down to Hoosier National on a Turkey trip. Wanted to "test" it out. I'm a big fan of ZT's and own a few and love them. Had the pleasure of meeting Rick Hinderer at Blade last year and have to say, what a cool down to earth guy. Well beat the **** out of it, used it as a camp knife, pryed Geodes out of the ground, and cut out ticks. Just got to say love the knife!

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I agree and the Elmax steel seems to hold up well so far also. Love the ZT's.

Another EDC knife I love is the Bradley Alias II, had that for a couple of years and LOVE that knife!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I made a kinda new knife new again. I never finished reprofiling the edge on my sorta new Buck Vantage. I got a new diamond rod and it really hogs the metal quickly. The new edge is very slicey now!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Got a SOG Trident at Wal-Mart for $40. I like it so far. This is gonna sound weird, but while it seems like a good knife so far, it still feels "cheap". I think it's just the plastic they made the handle out of. I feel if I paid the normal $90+ msrp for it, I would be disappointed for some reason.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I want a new knife.

I don't know what, how, where, when, or even why.

I just know I need a new knife.

That is all.

I'm having that issue lately. I just bought an ESEE Laser Strike, but it's too...productionish (is that weird of me, especially since I'm looking at a couple Spyderco blades?).

I've been looking at the BHK Woodsman Pro, but don't like the leather sheath.

I've also been eyeing a Spyderco Mule Team (either the 12 or 13), but would have to send it out to have some nice contoured handles put on it and a kydex sheath made.

The Spydeco bushcraft has also caught my eye lately, but am not a fan of the sheath for that either.

Then there's the beat up Busse SH that I should have refurbished, but don't really want to mess with.

When I recently moved I found a bunch of beat up Spyderco folders, including my favorite (Native). The handle of it seems to hav gotten a bunch of superglue on it and the plastic is melted. I'm considering sending it somewhere for custom scales if I could find which box I put it in. I can't remember if it's the one my wife broke the tip off or not, though. If it is, then it'll stay in my pile of old knives.

What does this mean? It means today is the same as every other day.

Last edited:

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010

I have the Woodsman pro and like it a lot. There is one for sale in the "Market place" section now with kydex. - I was wrong its a woodsman not a woodsman pro

I was tempted to second for my self. But I must resist.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have the Woodsman pro and like it a lot. There is one for sale in the "Market place" section now with kydex. - I was wrong its a woodsman not a woodsman pro

I was tempted to second for my self. But I must resist.

I wouldn't mind that one either if it's small enough for an EDC fixed blade...which is what makes me interested in the Mule Team.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    BHK makes some great knives, and you can always get you own sheath made up. I've done that with a number of knives when I did not care for the sheath.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Large Insingo Sebenza. You can never go wrong with CRK.
    It's the very well used one on the bottom.

DSCN0791.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm having that issue lately. I just bought an ESEE Laser Strike, but it's too...productionish (is that weird of me, especially since I'm looking at a couple Spyderco blades?).

I've also been eyeing a Spyderco Mule Team (either the 12 or 13), but would have to send it out to have some nice contoured handles put on it and a kydex sheath made.

The Spydeco bushcraft has also caught my eye lately, but am not a fan of the sheath for that either.

Then there's the beat up Busse SH that I should have refurbished, but don't really want to mess with.

When I recently moved I found a bunch of beat up Spyderco folders, including my favorite (Native). The handle of it seems to hav gotten a bunch of superglue on it and the plastic is melted. I'm considering sending it somewhere for custom scales if I could find which box I put it in. I can't remember if it's the one my wife broke the tip off or not, though. If it is, then it'll stay in my pile of old knives.

What does this mean? It means today is the same as every other day.

I'm having the same problem with ESEE, although I'll admit that I'd really like to try out the Laser Strike. My favorites lately have been from Blind Horse and Bark River. I hated the BH Dangler sheath, but found that it carries nicely in my strongside pocket while attached to my belt.

And +1 to the Native. I've put a lot of miles on mine in 440V.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Cold Steel Recon 1! Its a solid knife razor sharp right out of the box, it carries well for a large folder and the weight is better than some smaller folders with steel liners. Lock up is solid and easily resharpened. The pocket clip is stout and really secures to your pocket. It's a 50$ish pocket knife and well worth the money in my opinion. For the china nay sayers I have a cold steel trail boss axe that is awesome and is the reason I chanced the recon 1. Not disappointed in either and that is why I have a cold steel pendleton lite hunter coming in the mail tomorrow. A 2.7oz hunting knife should be fun to try out this year! Not to mention it was field and streams hunting knife of the year in 2010!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My disdain for Cold Steel is item-specific. Some of their stuff is crap. Some is excellent, or least was at one time. The key is, they just market other manufacturer's products, some of whom make crap and some of whom make good stuff. In the good stuff category, I'd put most of the no-longer-available Carbon V stuff like the Trailmaster and SRK; the Voyager folders (easily as good at the Spyderco Endura/Delica); the no-longer-available TwistMasters.

Top Bottom