• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    Very nice man :thumbsup: I've wanted to add an Insignio for a while, but need a Ti Lock first. My Umnumzaan and Large Sebenza are my EDC's.

Not to thread jack, but I could never get used to the TI-lock so I passed it on. I have a weakness for wharnie and sheepsfoot style blades. They are also way easier to strop to a laser edge.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I just picked up a boker 4 blade slipjoint at the local antique store.
    I lost my case congress a few months ago and this will make a nice replacement.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Not to thread jack, but I could never get used to the TI-lock so I passed it on. I have a weakness for wharnie and sheepsfoot style blades. They are also way easier to strop to a laser edge.

Only reason I want a Ti Lock is I haven't owned one yet, and I'm really digging the Reeve stuff right now. Definitely doesn't look like the strongest or most practical, but interesting none the less.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just picked up a boker 4 blade slipjoint at the local antique store.
    I lost my case congress a few months ago and this will make a nice replacement.

What blades does it have? Stainless or high carbon?

I found one of my Case large stockman knives recently. It has the Case CV steel, which makes for excellent cutting tools (same steel as the Carbon V that Camillus was doing for Cold Steel for a while, I think). It has some kind of jigged bone scales with a red stain where a red beverage of some kind got absorbed!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Got a SOG Trident at Wal-Mart for $40. I like it so far. This is gonna sound weird, but while it seems like a good knife so far, it still feels "cheap". I think it's just the plastic they made the handle out of. I feel if I paid the normal $90+ msrp for it, I would be disappointed for some reason.

I wasn't aware that SOG was selling knives at Walmart. I used to collect SOG but the quality just kept diminishing to the point I gave up on them. I have a Trident from years ago that is great. I wonder if the SOG's at Walmart are the same as the ones you would get from a knife retailer for $90. Im starting to feel the same way about Kershaw. Its getting hard to tell who has decent commerical products anymore as the brand name seems to mean less and less as more knives are being made in China.

Disclaimer: Yes I know China could make a decent knife. Lets face it American manufactures dont go to China to have quality knives made, the do it because its cheap.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    What blades does it have? Stainless or high carbon?

I found one of my Case large stockman knives recently. It has the Case CV steel, which makes for excellent cutting tools (same steel as the Carbon V that Camillus was doing for Cold Steel for a while, I think). It has some kind of jigged bone scales with a red stain where a red beverage of some kind got absorbed!

I believe they are high carbon.
    I touched them up with the stones that I have and they were shaving sharp in no time.
    I medium stockman is the knife I misplaced. I used it for 80% of my everyday needs.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I wasn't aware that SOG was selling knives at Walmart. I used to collect SOG but the quality just kept diminishing to the point I gave up on them. I have a Trident from years ago that is great. I wonder if the SOG's at Walmart are the same as the ones you would get from a knife retailer for $90. Im starting to feel the same way about Kershaw. Its getting hard to tell who has decent commerical products anymore as the brand name seems to mean less and less as more knives are being made in China.

Disclaimer: Yes I know China could make a decent knife. Lets face it American manufactures dont go to China to have quality knives made, the do it because its cheap.
    Dunno, comes in the same packaging as the ones they sell at Cabela's

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

Got my SOG Twitch II at Lowe's... Seen the SOG Flash (I think) at Wal-Mart also...

Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I wish my gun collection was like my knife collection. My favorite is my Rambo First Blood Part 2 knife. It's exactly like the knife in a movie, even has "Rambo" in the sheath and base of blade.

Just picked up my first Benchmade. Expensive for a knife but it's awesome. Razor sharp and it's essentially a switchblade......hopefully soon to be legal.

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    I'm somewhat in the same boat, I don't collect knives but have accumulated probably 20 or so pocket knives. Right now I don't even know where they are all at. The one I carry all the time is a Victornox. The main reson I bought it was for the tweezers for getting wood splinters out. For what ever reason which I don't know I've been wanting to get some Texas Toothpicks. I think it is just because I like the looks of them. One thing I do know is that I don't really need one. But who just wants what they need?

piper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Benchmade all the way. I really want an infidel. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep putting off getting one.

ghettogun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Me too

I too am in the search for a Knife. I am looking for the all around hunting/belt knife. Too may choices are a bad thing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom