• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I've put a few hundred rounds through mine, and it's a fun little gun to shoot. It's accurate and reliable, and much smoother than something like a Kel-Tec PF-9 (duh.)

However, two things have kept me from adopting it as my summer carry piece: The safety lever is too small, and is easy to miss even when the adrenaline isn't coursing through my veins, and the pistol is small enough that my finger naturally hits the trigger in a different place than on my other Sigs or Glocks, meaning that I have to shift my grip to accommodate it if I want my shots to hit accurately -- something that I shouldn't have to think about when the SHTF.

I could probably adapt, but chose to switch to a Glock 27 instead. Fits my hand like my other Glocks.

The P938 is a great little gun, as long as it's new or new enough that the original bugs have been fixed. Good luck.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    When I was shopping for my first carry gun the p938 was one of the front runners. I ended up going with an XDS-9. I felt it was a little lighter than the p938,because of the polymer rail. Also because of the p938 having a steel rail & it would be next to my side a lot I was afraid of rusting. I did like the p938's night sights & it did feel good in my hand. Though the trigger did seem stiff to me too, as mentioned earlier . I came very close to buying the p938.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have one and love it! It I can consistently hit an 8in steel plate at 30 yards with the thing! I cannot say enough good things about the 938. I got rid of my Shield to get one due to how much lighter the Sig is over the smith. Get one you will really like it. And on the cocked and locked thing I left mine with the saftey on with one in the pipe for a month in the safe and zip zero zilch happened and the saftey will not come off unless you want it to. Now what are you waiting for go buy one!!!!!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    When I allocate the funds I'll have a 938! Shot them and like them a lot... Have a 238 now and just waiting on it's counterpart!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have 3 P238s. Love 'em. My little brother did too, but wanted 9mm. He went with the P938. I have shot it on 2 different occasions. The first time I liked it, but the trigger did seem stiff. The second time out, I fell in love with it. The trigger seemed fine. It was the perfect little pistol. I was only shooting at 7 yards, but frequently bullets were hitting center of target with 5 holes touching. Recoil was not bad at all, and function was flawless.

Garander

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Lafayette/Huntington
    I had a sig P938 for a little while but I never liked it too much, it did have the rubber grips which made it hard to carry though but great to shoot. The main reason I traded it in because the recoil spring seemed too weak and it suffered from "bolt bounce" which i guess would be slide bounce in this case. That and I carried my Sig P245 more anyway.

Top Bottom