Make an offer

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Why buy a product from a company well-known for quality issues...that STILL remain today? Especially considering said new ownership has also been well-known for quality issues since - well, since forever.

Consumer Reports calls out Fiat Chrysler - Business Insider

Let the buyer beware when buying anything from FCA. That includes Jeep, Dodge, and Ram.

My wife wants a truck, too. Like a $50k Silverado or something. HAHAHAHAAH. Shy of the lottery, fat chance of that happening.

Has she seen a Silverado that she likes? :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If I were to hit the lottery I can guarantee there would be pictures of the Ford F190000 I'd have built. Quad turbo, 2000ft lbs of torque diesel on 50" tires all over the internet.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I WANT a truck, just don't NEED a truck. I'll probably look at them much closer in another 2 years or so. Too many other things I'm trying to pay for right now.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I remember reading in DieselPower a long time that if you need a truck, get a one ton. If you have use for a truck, got a 3/4 ton. If you like the idea of a truck, get a half ton.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm surprised there's no more love for Toyota on here than just a couple of people. After all, they are built here in Indiana, or at least they used to be. Mine is an '01 daily driver w/276+k and minimal maintenance issues. I've gone about 130k per timing belt, which is a necessary repair to keep the interference engine alive long term. Other than that, a few pair of brake shoes, a few sets of tires, and basic fluid changes. I'd have no issue loading it down and heading to the west coast for a vacation with no worries.

If you happen to be a diesel fan, the new Tundra will be available with a Cummins as well. If you can get past the sticker shock, that thing should easily last a million miles, provided you just do basic maintenance.

Top Bottom