• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Makes me feel pretty good about the price I paid for mine considering the nine year difference. I felt like I got a fair price on it and have been very happy with it so far. My wife just towed a 5'x8' box trailer shoved full of stuff, prob around a 3500lb load, down to Nashville, TN today. She said it did very well, never downshifted in the hills, the tranny never got above 180* and it still got 11.5mpg (on 35's).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Silverado%204_zpsjlise1kr.jpg

Silverado%207_zpsbs0cihw6.jpg

Silverado%209h_zpsuzrmoqbv.jpg

2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS V8 5.3L
    it was possibly the cleanest used vehicle I'd seen
    one owner - less than 120000mi
    I talked em down a couple thousand (from 5,999 to 4000 OTD)
    I've driven it for over a year now and it's only needed oil changes
    I couldn't be happier...best truck I've ever owned...I've owned a few

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Silverado%204_zpsjlise1kr.jpg

Silverado%207_zpsbs0cihw6.jpg

Silverado%209h_zpsuzrmoqbv.jpg

2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS V8 5.3L
    it was possibly the cleanest used vehicle I'd seen
    one owner - less than 120000mi
    I talked em down a couple thousand (from 5,999 to 4000 OTD)
    I've driven it for over a year now and it's only needed oil changes
    I couldn't be happier...best truck I've ever owned...I've owned a few
    That looks clean. Total grandpa truck, just missing the bed topper! Only driven on Sunday's to church. I love trucks like that.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    That looks clean. Total grandpa truck, just missing the bed topper! Only driven on Sunday's to church. I love trucks like that.

me too!

The first owner of this truck is also the owner of a restaurant in Logansport, IN. If anyone around that area has ever been to "Mr. Happy Burger" then you've probably seen my (his former) truck! :cool:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm not positive about this as we've never met but.... You probably shouldn't buy a Tahoe.

:D

Next time you're at your brother's house down in the Promised Land, give me a PM. I'll come up and gently/gingerly shake your hand.

And no, don't plan on buying a Tahoe. But they ARE gorgeous.

And yes, I did play around with the top trim levels and some opions. Not all of them. I didn't go crazy on the options with the other vehicles, either. Some - yes.

CRAZY that vehicles can cost that much.

I've spent $500 on maintenance on our 10 year old Altima so far this year... Hopefully that'll be it until about Thanksgiving (Other than an oil change or two).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Lunch time I was on cars.com just searching and punching numbers on their payment calculator. Just for fun of course.

Oy. It's dang near impossible to buy a vehicle in the 2012-2013 range with less than 60,000 miles, and keep the payments below $300 a month.

Vehicles are WAY too expensive. High mileage is the way to go!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thank CARB and Federal regulations.

And all the other whiz-bang features that folks seem to want (bluetooth for instance, or a wireless network in your car).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Thank CARB and Federal regulations.

And all the other whiz-bang features that folks seem to want (bluetooth for instance, or a wireless network in your car).

I wouldn't know what to do with all those fancy features. I've been driving a vehicle everyday without power windows and locks since 2005.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    2 whiz-bang features I want: Backup camera (soon to be mandatory, I think MY 2017 begins it) and the gizmo that'll have it parallel park itself. :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I want my old 1988 Chevy S10 back, but as a new car. Manual steering, manual brakes, manual transmission, no AC, crank windows, optional rear bumper, optional spare tire, rubber floors, and vinyl bench seat. But NO... now they all have to have anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, crush zones, pedestrian-friendly bumpers, backup sensors, and probably 1000 other things.

I already know how to parallel park. :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Oy. It's dang near impossible to buy a vehicle in the 2012-2013 range with less than 60,000 miles, and keep the payments below $300 a month.

If a payment cap is what you're after buying new is probably a better option though you'll probably have to come up a bit. When I bought my Ram I was looking for a used F150 and had set a limit for myself of $400/mo. When the salesman at Kahlo started trying to get me to look at the Ram I told him I couldn't afford a new truck. He kept gently pushing so we took it for a ride. When we got back he asked me what I thought and I told him it was near perfect but that I couldn't afford a new truck. He asked what I could afford and I told him $400/mo, no more. He tried the typical "let me go talk to my manager" crap and came back with $450's written on a piece of paper. I said "nope" an he went away again. He came back a second with with $425 on a piece of paper, at that point I told him I wouldn't pay $400.01/mo. He brought the manager over after that and he asked me if I would consider financing for more than 5 years. Since I keep vehicles long term I told him that as long as the interest rate was right I didn't particularly care how long it was financed. He came back a few minutes later with $385/mo for 7 years and an interest rate below 3%. Worked for me.

Top Bottom