• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm looking forward to shooting with my grandkids. Grandson just turned 6 and his dad has been teaching him with a bb gun and he's a good shot. I may look into getting an Eddie Eagle video for him too. The girls are still a bit young (3 yrs. and 3 mos.), but hopefully they'll take an interest in it too. :)

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    My kids learn about safety early, and quickly get to shooting too. My step sons liberal biological father (the one that wanted to abort him) isn't real keen on his seven year old shooting, but to hell with him and his agenda. This is a guy that will lecture his son about eating healthy (no Mc Donalds happy meals etc) while smoking a pack of cigerettes a day and a box of wine ever other day. I take him hunting fishing and to the ymca. We shoot targets/practice regularly. He is a natural too. The peep sight on a Little Cricket (gift for his 7th birthday) is so intuitive that he has been nailing bulleyes since day one.

Teach your children to respect and handle firearms safely. You are establishing a lifelong skill set that can save his life, put food on his table, and something he can pass down to his children many years from now... just as my father taught me.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My son has been goin to the shooting range with me for a couple of years now (he will be 8 in January), I have gone over and over the safety rules with him and I lock up everything when not home. The best memory so far is when he told me that he liked the M&P 15-22 with the red dot and I told him that from that point on it was his, ever since he will remind me no to forget to take it with us every time we go to the shooting range.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I recently reconnected with my son after 20 yrs ( bad divorce). His fondest memory of back then was firing several of my guns when I lived in NC specifically a ruger gp100 6" stainless. He just recently got his NY permit

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I love stories like this. This is the way kids should be raised. I bought my son a cricket when he was 5, and he started squirrel hunting at 6 with it. He's 7 now and I bought him and H&R 20 gauge single shot and he blasted his first clay pigeon with it this past Saturday. The joy on his face (and mine) was something I'll never forget.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    My kids learn about safety early, and quickly get to shooting too. My step sons liberal biological father (the one that wanted to abort him) isn't real keen on his seven year old shooting, but to hell with him and his agenda. This is a guy that will lecture his son about eating healthy (no Mc Donalds happy meals etc) while smoking a pack of cigerettes a day and a box of wine ever other day. I take him hunting fishing and to the ymca. We shoot targets/practice regularly. He is a natural too. The peep sight on a Little Cricket (gift for his 7th birthday) is so intuitive that he has been nailing bulleyes since day one.

Teach your children to respect and handle firearms safely. You are establishing a lifelong skill set that can save his life, put food on his table, and something he can pass down to his children many years from now... just as my father taught me.

you're a good man. fight the good fight!

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    my (6yr old) daughter loves guns and golf.
    whether it's because she likes spending time with daddy
    or she simply enjoys participating in both activities...
    I'm one proud papa!

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    That's good! I'm still 'training' my family that it's alright to be around a gun(s). I carry throughout the day and eve and they've grown accustomed to the sight of it and to know it's not going to jump off my hip and go off. Yesterday was the first time my youngest son (8) said he wanted to go target shooting eventually. This of course is a big secret from mom who doesn't want to see her sons touch a gun. Oh well, I'm gaining ground.

Top Bottom