• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did it right, or wrong? (This should be interesting)

• Total voters

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I'm going to start by saying, you need to read this entire thread. Also, i used my weapon because he said he would "Hurt me" therefor i am justified to draw my weapon to prevent him robbing me, or even hurting me after i gave him my money, i work entirely to hard to give up my hard earned money to some douche bag that threatens me, and it worries me and kind of makes me laugh a little at the fact that you think i drew my gun when not needed, i hope no one tries to rob you, i guess your an easy target.

if you ever have to draw your weapon, you use it. Not to intimidate, but to protect your life. Did the dude even have a weapon? knife? pencil? grenade? rocket laucher? anything?

army bratt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    north side evansville
    good for you and it seems everyone is an expert these days and always know what to do! oops, dont want to offend any one right bunny? maybe you should of blasted his ass or just maybe this time he crapped is pants and went and got a freekn job>>>

cityboy172

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    I'm going to start by saying, you need to read this entire thread. Also, i used my weapon because he said he would "Hurt me" therefor i am justified to draw my weapon to prevent him robbing me, or even hurting me after i gave him my money, i work entirely to hard to give up my hard earned money to some douche bag that threatens me, and it worries me and kind of makes me laugh a little at the fact that you think i drew my gun when not needed, i hope no one tries to rob you, i guess your an easy target.
    so what if your trigger finger got a little tooooooo happy, and you shot and killed an unarmed man. You can tell the DA till you're blue in the face that you felt threatened. Your ass is still going to go to jail.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I handled things correctly, wait until someone tries... wait i mean until they actually do rob you (because you scared to draw on them) then you can talk to me about how i handled things. I came home alive and in no legal trouble, so IMO and many others i did this 100% correct.

cityboy172

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Any time. :yesway:

If you're going to get snarky about another member's supposed intelligence, especially as a n00b poster here, it helps to get your ducks in a row so others don't choke on the irony while laughing at you. :)
    wouldn't be the first time, I've been laughed at. If misspelling a word is a crime, then lock me up and throw away the key, plz.

AXE835

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    East central Indiana
    so what if your trigger finger got a little tooooooo happy, and you shot and killed an unarmed man. You can tell the DA till you're blue in the face that you felt threatened. Your ass is still going to go to jail.

First off OP good job, glad you are ok and no one(famly,bystanders) was hurt. Next,to all the armchair Genrals, untill you are in this kind of situation don't judge someone who has. You do what you train to do, and the OP had his head on enough not to push the bang button cause he knew at that moment he didn't need to. I have carried for years nad thank God I haven't have to pull the triger. Everyone must remember you will have to live with the fact that you took a nother persons life. Talk to someone who has you'll find out its not that easy. Don't get me wrong I will be the first person to pull the trigger. You must also think about the after too.:twocents:

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Nice to see there are a few people on here with some common sense!
    You understand (like i do) that shooting someone is NOT the best option, i do not want to live with the fact that i took a persons life, even if it may have been justified, its not worth it to me unless it is the last resort!
    Thank you sir, and be safe and carry for life! :yesway:

First off OP good job, glad you are ok and no one(famly,bystanders) was hurt. Next,to all the armchair Genrals, untill you are in this kind of situation don't judge someone who has. You do what you train to do, and the OP had his head on enough not to push the bang button cause he knew at that moment he didn't need to. I have carried for years nad thank God I haven't have to pull the triger. Everyone must remember you will have to live with the fact that you took a nother persons life. Talk to someone who has you'll find out its not that easy. Don't get me wrong I will be the first person to pull the trigger. You must also think about the after too.:twocents:

cityboy172

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Nice to see there are a few people on here with some common sense!
    You understand (like i do) that shooting someone is NOT the best option, i do not want to live with the fact that i took a persons life, even if it may have been justified, its not worth it to me unless it is the last resort!
    Thanks you sir, and be safe and carry for life! :yesway:
    c'mon now, bust his chops too for misspelling words. Equal opportunity.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Better question: Also, why didn't you physically get in your car, and call the cops then? You said you were about to. Drawing was always taught to me as the last possible route before death, and I would have handed him everything except the gun that is my lifeline, while attempting to gather as many details as possible. He leaves with his swag, I leave with my life. Go back in the gas station call 911 with the description of my car, name, license, car contents, etc. I think we needed the expanded version.

Seriously though, Glad you are ok. Just trying to gain insight.

Are you suggesting he should have waited until he was just "before death"?????
    What the heck does that even mean?:dunno:
    So, according to you, he should have gotten in his car, dialed 911, then go in the store, call 911 again? And describe the " car contents" WTH?

Top Bottom