• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Did it right, or wrong? (This should be interesting)

• Total voters

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    [/QUOTE] Situations change. So do the rules. Your fine motor skills are lost in high adrenaline situations, therefore, you go ahead and keep your finger off the trigger with a robber and possible murderer advancing on you. I'm going to have mine on it so when he closes within 3 steps I can save my life and maybe someone else's. :yesway:[/QUOTE]

How do you know these things happen to you in a gun fight? Have you tested it? Maybe when your adrenaline is up you pull the trigger without thinking. Maybe you extend your arms, have the finger on the trigger and don't pull the trigger allowing the BG to grab your pistol from you. Maybe you have your finger on the trigger, pull it as soon as the BG takes a step 20 ft from you in a gas station ( i mean your nervous right) You have your entire finger across the trigger instead of the fingertip, you pull your round to the right and it kills the teller behind the counter. A lot of what ifs... Take some FOF training to see what YOU do with your adrenaline in high stress situation.

sigvicious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Columbus
    Really? There always has to be the ass that has to be the tech geek. Who really gives a turd wether or not it is a clip or a mag? I am just glad that anyone that has had to draw and is still here to talk about their experience is just that. Here to talk about it.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Great job OP! I hope that if I am in that same situation that I handle it as well as you did. Practice, practice, practice!

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    That's why you carry a defense weapon. Not knowing the circumstances if you could have detained him until the police arrived that would have been a community service.

ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Glad your ok. Hopefully I have have to do that. Unfortunately with the times we are living in and me studying to be a police officer I probably will someday.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    You can be 100% right legally and still your legal counsel costs can run in the tens of thousands proving you weren't the one who brought a gun to a fist fight. Correct??

This is an absolutely true statement. Been there, done that, not pleasant but necessary.

Yes, it can happen, but that is just one of the hazards of being willing to defend you and yours.

Consider the alternative: "You can be so scared of having to retain a lawyer that you end up being robbed/raped/killed because you were so hung up about it that you never got around to defending yourself."

IMO, if you are not familiar enough with the law, your weapon, and your capabilities to be confident in your actions, you should just leave it at home.

Carry OC or something that the thought of using doesn't terrify you so much. Just don't complain when you realize that you are tremendously outclassed and way behind in skills should you ever run into what I call a "professional bad guy".

Joe

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    what do you propose for civilians that don't have wars to go fight?
    Force on Force is a great training tool to teach one what does, what does not, and what is just asinine. Force on Force is not what I would consider High Stress Training, at least from any of the forms that I have taken. But, to call it a High Stress Training to me is not a good or fair description. In Force on Force you always know you are about to be assaulted in some fashion in one way or another. Takes a lot of the stress out of it to my thinking anyway...

I have no clue how to simulate a High Stress Event in the Civilian World either. I wish I did, I would be a Rich SOB if I could figure that part out...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Originally Posted by Fargo
    Consider the alternative: "You can be so scared of having to retain a lawyer that you end up being robbed/raped/killed because you were so hung up about it that you never got around to defending yourself."

Has this ever happened?

Yes, you can watch it happen in real life in all its horrifying tragedy in the video below:

LiveLeak.com - GRAPHIC - Deputy Kyle Dinkheller

Keep in mind the murderer in the video is NOT a "professional bad guy", he is a mentally disturbed individual who gives the officer tons of chances to live.

Imagine how much shorter that video would be if he had been a competent professional who wanted to kill that officer.

Joe

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Yes, you can watch it happen in real life in all its horrifying tragedy in the video below:

LiveLeak.com - GRAPHIC - Deputy Kyle Dinkheller

Keep in mind the murderer in the video is NOT a "professional bad guy", he is a mentally disturbed individual who gives the officer tons of chances to live.

Imagine how much shorter that video would be if he had been a competent professional who wanted to kill that officer.

Joe

Dude, that is a horrible video. When I saw that guy driving off I just wanted to jump through the screen!

Unfortunately that is real life and you never know what you are going to face. I hope the shooter met a similar end.

Top Bottom