• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Thank you for sharing that. I believe in a God that can reach into the void and pull out an apple. Nothing is beyond the ability of the creator. Make use of this investment, clearly you have work to do here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe in what you experienced.
    I was diagnosed stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's in late march 2002. Slow growing. The stop watch for life was set and ticking at 4 years outside if I had any grace with the powers that be. Rough rough rough time with radiation and Chemo back to back. My spouse and Sister put me in 2 different prayer groups one is world wide. I got phone calls from people I did not know and will never meet from everywhere wishing me well and praying on my behalf. It was very moving and life changing.

The big change came when that 4 year window came and went after I was in remission. I am still trucking along and every day is a gift. I do believe I am a living example of the power of prayer and positive thoughts.

Yes every day is a gift regardless. Do not waste any of them.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm not religious, but I do believe that a positive attitude can take you a long way. Glad to hear you are doing well and I hope things stays that way.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I fell and hurt myself badly, went to the hospital and they did a CT scan and also found a strange mass on or around my spleen, later identified as Non Hodkins Lymphoma, the fast growing kind. So they put me on Chemotherapy which didn't seem to work but it did cause a bad case of Pheumonia and put me in the hospital again. So they ran a bunch of tests but still couldn't be sure what was wrong with me. So they decided to do a Splenectomy and remove the mass. So they cut me open (third time in my life) and stopped in their tracks when they saw that the spleen, pancreas, stomach, esofagas and* muscle were all involved with stage 4 Lymphoma and they dare not do any cutting lest it would kill me sooner. So they installed a feeding tube because I would shortly not be able to swallow anything and sowed me back up. They gave me weeks or maybe a few months to live. I was alright with that because I am a saved and sanctified born again child of God. So I gave away most of my possessions and planned my graduation celebration to be with the Lord, Amen. But it began to bother me that I was giving up to easy and this continued for several days. Finally I asked my Pastor for help deciding and he said, Dan, pray to God to help you and ask for a sign or scripture to guide you. So, I did and all the next day a phrase kept coming to my mind, "Always choose life" and it kept up all day. So I told my Pastor and he looked up scripture and said Dan, God wants you to live, and he said, I will pray to God and ask Him what to do. Later he said, Dan, be at church Sunday morning at 10:30 and God will be there with healing in his wings. So I did and the Elders anointed me with oil and layed hands on me and prayed to God to remove the cancer and heal my body and praise God the cancer is now gone and I feel better than I have in a long time. I went back to the Oncologist and he checked me over and didn't know what to say, so he said that if should ever need him to call his office. Praise God I'm going to live. What a mighty God we serve. Amen.

Great story, and I'm glad your still with us, and hope you will be for a long time. I see your handle is flightsimmer, but I bet you're not looking to earn THAT set of wings quite yet. ;)

I was raised Catholic, been as far as baptism and first communion, and that's it. I'm not going to share my beliefs beyond that. But I've seen some stuff.

When she was younger, my sister broke her leg, doing something on a dare. Sounds more like something I would do, but for once it was her. It didn't heal right, and they were going to have to do surgery and put pins and rods in and stuff. The surgery was scheduled for a month or so out, and in that time, she prayed a lot, as did the family. She went in for a pre-op exam, and it was all healed up, and surgery was no longer needed. Her doctor had never seen anything like it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom