• ...and so much more!
  • Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    Good to hear and thanks for the update! I was surprised how easy my R-102 broke down and it looked very good, almost new, especially for its age. I may have made a slight tactical error though, I let my wife shoot it! Course might parlay that into another purchase. :):

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    How did I miss this thread?

That is a great deal on a good little .22 revolver. My Dad owned a High Standard Sentinel Deluxe made in 1965. It has a little shorter 4 inch barrel than the one you picked up which is probably 6 inch. It was the first handgun I ever fired. This was probably 1974ish. I really liked that gun. He gave it to my brother (no hard feelings about that). But I found one very similar and purchased it for my collection. His was an R-106 and the one I have is an R-103 made in 1961 or 1962.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks guys! This has become one of my favorites, in fact, I fear I am actually becoming a revolver guy. I have always thought them awkward to hold, but between this one and a police surplus S&W Model 10 that I got a few years ago I find that I shoot them rather well.

A week ago I shot 50 rounds of CCI Blazer ammo through this revolver and at 10 yards had a 1" diameter hole cut out of the target with about 10 flyers close around it. I was pretty darn happy with that!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thanks guys! This has become one of my favorites, in fact, I fear I am actually becoming a revolver guy. I have always thought them awkward to hold, but between this one and a police surplus S&W Model 10 that I got a few years ago I find that I shoot them rather well.

A week ago I shot 50 rounds of CCI Blazer ammo through this revolver and at 10 yards had a 1" diameter hole cut out of the target with about 10 flyers close around it. I was pretty darn happy with that!

Thanks for the range report Rob. I need to shoot my R-103 again. Sounds like I might need to try a Smith and Wesson Model 10 sometime soon also.

Fun fact: the R-103 I bought only has one screw in the entire revolver.

Top Bottom