• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was on Youtube looking around and I came across a video that hit home. It is a 9/11 tribute video. As I was watching it all the emotion of that day came rushing back.
    I had worked overnight and had just gotten to sleep. My wife comes in the bedroom and wakes me up telling me that "We are under attack!" I jump out of bed and check the windows expecting an army to be marching on my house..remember i had just fallen asleep. She yells from the living room that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. I rush in there to see what is going on. She had the TV set on the Today Show, and Matt Lauer and Katie Couric doing the best they could to sort out what was happening on live tv. In the background I saw the second plane hit the south tower.
    We both sat on the couch holding each other in shock watching what was happening. Couldn't believe what was happening. Crying. Worry. Fear. Uncertinty. Love. Anger. Heartache.
    The phone rings. Its her boss telling her not to go to work today. The phone woke up the boy(almost 2). I go and get him. He is sitting on my lap when my wife comes back with the phone. We start calling family and friends. Everyone is in the same emotional state that we are in. We tell each other how much they mean to us, and go on the the next person in the rolladex. The entire time watching the news. My heart cried out when the Towers fell. My son didn't understand what was happening, but he knew Mom and Dad are scared.
    I have to be at work at 2pm. I was loss prevention for Wal-Mart, and they had CNN on every TV in the store. By the time I got to the store there was no canned food, water, or bread left in the entire building. There was also no ammunition, and very few firearms. I couldn't help but wonder, "Is this how America felt after Pearl Harbor?" :patriot:

Watching this video got to me. A single tear didn't roll down my face. I couldn't breath, and tears poured out of me. Seeing the plane crash into the tower..again.

YouTube - The Best September 11th Tribute

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I've seen the video, it shook me but reaffirmed to me why I wanted to be a soldier...

Was sitting in my 8th grade english class taking the ISTEP, we had taken a break and the teacher came back in almost in tears. All she could say was "Something terrible has happened..." over and over until she turned on the TV. We watched all day at school and all I wanted to do was go down to a recruiting office and enlist...

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    I to was like the Op, just got off nights, eating some food before bed, and watching the Today show. I could not believe what had happened, sitting there in a trance wondering what was going on, and listening to the reporters saying that part of the building just collapsed. I totally screamed out that the whole damn thing just collapsed.... Horrific is all I could get out. Just kinda felt numb afterwards, until the anger kicked in.................

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Same here, had worked nights before. I was just settling down to get some sleep when my wife says to come see something on TV that there'd been an accident. Like the OP, we were watching live when the 2nd plane hit. I'll never forget it. I immediately said, "that's no accident". We live in the flightpath of Indy's secondary runways. It was a creepy few days with no planes coming overhead.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    And Obamatard wants to bring down the rest of the US, How soon we forget!! three times more people lost there lives in the world trade center attacks than at Pearl Harbor!!. :patriot:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    My sister was actually in the air headed from Indianapolis to Miami when all this occurred. Her flight was ordered down in Tennessee somewhere around Knoxville. She said people on the plane were wondering what happened, especially when they saw military jets (F-16's) taking off from a civilian airport. Someone bothered to break out a portable radio and heard it on the news (news was flooding every station, if you remember).

Could you imagine being an Arab that had taken a flight that particular day but not invovled in the attacks? My sister said there were a couple on her flight. Nobody took their eyes off them for a second, even after they were on the ground waiting for instructions.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    My wife and I were living in upstate NY. We got a call to TURN ON THE TV....NOW.

I don't think I slept for three days. I eat, slept and cried while sitting in front of the horror before me. Combined with sleep deprevation and fear, I was a complete mess. All of my NY City friends & family were safe, but I still got helplessly sick and shocked. I internalized alot of anger.

I'm still greatly disturbed how the media censored the airing of some events. "They didn't want to upset people." But That was the time to be upset. After about six months, I realized that the media was not on our side.
    9/11 will effect me for as long as I live.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I just showed this video to a cousin of mine. He watched half of it and said "nice" and walked away. This was a tragedy, and you can't honor the dead and those who sacrificed all by turning way. Am I the only one who notices that most people have already forgotten what happened? This isn't some movie event, this was real life with real people killed by real bad people. As terrible as the event(s) were, it pains me even more when people act like it didn't happen. R.I.P.

glock 27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    elkhart
    I just showed this video to a cousin of mine. He watched half of it and said "nice" and walked away. This was a tragedy, and you can't honor the dead and those who sacrificed all by turning way. Am I the only one who notices that most people have already forgotten what happened? This isn't some movie event, this was real life with real people killed by real bad people. As terrible as the event(s) were, it pains me even more when people act like it didn't happen. R.I.P.

How can any of those bleeding heart bast##ds even think our water boarding or any other interrogation techniques are inhumane after knowing all of this. :xmad:

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    On 9/11/2001, I was about to leave the office/shop to deliver some material to one of the crews and the secretary mentioned something about a fire at the WTC. She said it was probably another kitchen fire. I headed out and made a stop at the local bait shop. The TV was on and the owner and I stood there watching in shock for hours. People came and went but not many stayed more than a few minutes watching the TV. The Coke/Pepsi guy made a delivery that morning and I told him that two planes had flown into and brought down the two WTC towers. He said “ya… that’ll teach um.” Around noon I made my delivery and went home. When I got to the back door I found it had been forced open and two of my handguns were gone. I called the sheriffs department and the deputy that responded said off duty officers had been called in just in case something happened around here. He had been assigned to watch the high school.

Bucky

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's weird when I think about that because I was in Driver's Ed when it happened. Seems like I've had my license forever, but that day feels more recent.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    It wasn't just that day that effected me. Remember the following week. The whole country came to a stand still. It was like we were all holding our breath waiting for the next attack. No planes flew. No sports were played. All that was on TV was coverage of what happened on 9/11. We were all on edge.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I remember people lining up down the block to fuel up their vehicles with gasoline. It was also the first time gas broke $3.00 per gallon.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I remember people lining up down the block to fuel up their vehicles with gasoline. It was also the first time gas broke $3.00 per gallon.

I forgot about that...my wifes aunt lived in NYC at the time and gas was over $7.00 a gallon. same with water.

Top Bottom