• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I had a nerve root block. It was done by a doctor and not in a alley by a thug.
    I have had a bulging disk pushing on something it shouldn’t. I was really surprised how fast the procedure went. In and back out in 20 minutes. Just a local and got to watch it on the monitor. It’s at the 4/5 in my neck.
    Looking forward to no numb fingers in quite some time. If it doesn’t work I’m going to have surgery. Appreciate all prayers for this Thank you Tim

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had a nerve root block. It was done by a doctor and not in a alley by a thug.
    I have had a bulging disk pushing on something it shouldn’t. I was really surprised how fast the procedure went. In and back out in 20 minutes. Just a local and got to watch it on the monitor. It’s at the 4/5 in my neck.
    Looking forward to no numb fingers in quite some time. If it doesn’t work I’m going to have surgery. Appreciate all prayers for this Thank you Tim

I have those about 3 times a year on my back. It's cool to watch it on the monitor as they are going jnto your spine. I wish they would knock me out but they need you awake so you can tell them what you feel.
    I hope it brings you some relief. I had some complications from one of my back procedures done last year. It never ends

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    20 mins and $12k in charges I bet. What a scam.

i hope it helps you, but this is such a money making absurdity in Medicine it needs serious reform.

it’s like the 10-minute $2000 per eye cataract procedure of the 1990s

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    20 mins and $12k in charges I bet. What a scam.

i hope it helps you, but this is such a money making absurdity in Medicine it needs serious reform.

it’s like the 10-minute $2000 per eye cataract procedure of the 1990s

You make a good point. Fortunately not all providers gouge.

My sister (uninsured) had a cervical epidural cortisone injection done by an incompetent hack in Avon who, along with the surgery center, charged just under $10,000. That's gouging. The worst part was he did a crappy job because he lacked the skills and talent to do it right and caused her a lot of pain in the process and took next to forever. He should stick to passing gas to the patient while the real medical professionals do their work and can keep an eye on him because he sucks at doing tough needle insertions and his bedside manner is reminiscent of Hillary Clinton on election night.

In stark contrast, she had the next procedure done at Indiana Spine Group by Kevin Macadaeg who is a freakin' wizard. He caused her no unnecessary discomfort and he was done so quickly that when he stepped out of the room where he did the procedure, I thought he had forgotten something he needed. No, he was done. She got significant relief until she could get the surgery she needed (also at Indy Spine Group). The total cost was under $800. No, not eight thousand... eight hundred.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My wife had a nerve blocker shot in the neck a few years ago. All I remember was the nurse coming out to the front desk telling the other girls “ you have to go see what they are doing to this lady... that needle is all the way through her neck!” Unfortunately it didn’t last for the wife. Her numb fingers an doping things continued until she saw Dr. Bradbury for an outpatient disk replacement. Yes...it was outpatient surgery. She is a lot better but not nearly 100%. If the shots work for you, count your prayers that the issue wasn’t worse.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have been getting them for about 10 years, but a lot lower down in my back. Results vary. A lot of it is my fault. I get to feeling better then I over due it, Make sure she paces herself and doesn't over due it just because she feels better.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    $800 sounds like cash price without insurance. Do you know enough of the two cases to speak whether insurance was billed in them?

want to know why oncologists rarely have DNr discussions with patients? Look at chemotherapy infusion reimbursement. Maybe i’m Just jaded because I see people nearly dead from cancer and no one has had a frank conversation with them

ever see those “cancer treatment centers of America” commercials?

You make a good point. Fortunately not all providers gouge.

My sister (uninsured) had a cervical epidural cortisone injection done by an incompetent hack in Avon who, along with the surgery center, charged just under $10,000. That's gouging. The worst part was he did a crappy job because he lacked the skills and talent to do it right and caused her a lot of pain in the process and took next to forever. He should stick to passing gas to the patient while the real medical professionals do their work and can keep an eye on him because he sucks at doing tough needle insertions and his bedside manner is reminiscent of Hillary Clinton on election night.

In stark contrast, she had the next procedure done at Indiana Spine Group by Kevin Macadaeg who is a freakin' wizard. He caused her no unnecessary discomfort and he was done so quickly that when he stepped out of the room where he did the procedure, I thought he had forgotten something he needed. No, he was done. She got significant relief until she could get the surgery she needed (also at Indy Spine Group). The total cost was under $800. No, not eight thousand... eight hundred.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    $800 sounds like cash price without insurance. Do you know enough of the two cases to speak whether insurance was billed in them?

want to know why oncologists rarely have DNr discussions with patients? Look at chemotherapy infusion reimbursements. Should oncologists make $2 million and more? The economics of cancer treatment would blow your mind.

Both were without insurance. A lack of experience and assertiveness resulted in a failure by the parties involved to inquire about how much it would cost ahead of time the first time. I do know that she made it clear to both the provider and surgery center that she didn't have insurance. They still did what they did. Live and learn.

The former was a horrible experience from beginning to end. Well, it's still hasn't ending. Still making payments.

Getting a price up front the second time was the right thing to do, but all involved were both far more professional and far more skilled than the first situation.

When my back gets bad again, I'm going to Indy Spine (I have decent insurance).

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    want to know why oncologists rarely have DNr discussions with patients? Look at chemotherapy infusion reimbursement. Maybe i’m Just jaded because I see people nearly dead from cancer and no one has had a frank conversation with them

My little brother's wife was 36, with 3 little boys aged 2 to 5. She'd been told she was terminal with cancer in her brain and bones, but she was talked into a procedure to insert a stint so that chemo could be injected to a particular spot in her head. She decided to do it, in order to live as long as she could for her boys. There was a complication during the procedure and she had a stroke. So, during the last months of her life, she never walked again and spoke only with great effort.

Crittersdad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2018
    Jasonville
    I will be in prayer for you.
    I have had two cervical fusions done.
    I got major relief.
    I would give you his name but he passed away about 4 yrs ago

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I know a couple of people that have had cervical surgery, probably not exactly the same. My next door neighbor had some pins and donor bone installed and he's doing well after several years. Our old ex neighbor that does my mom's hair can't turn her head, and she's looking at more surgery. After what I've been through, I hope you can avoid surgery.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Update on the shot.. not much relief. Go to the Dr on Tuesday to get an update and or schedule surgery. I already been down this road one C6/7 are fused and this is at 4. But I am a candidate for a synthetic disc and they don’t want to fuse or I lose being able to turn my head.. I already struggle with backing up trailers or looking up.
    Any here have the fusion there or thoughts on the recovery time from a synthetic disc?? Thanks. Tim

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom