I was THIS close to going to Don's guns today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr507

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fishers
    I was doing some volunteer work on the west side of Indy today and planned on going to the range (Pop Guns) on the way back. Since I've heard so many bad things about Don's I didn't know exactly where it was, but ended up driving right by it. I actually pulled off the road to turn around since I figured I'd go shoot since I was right there, but ended up deciding against it. I made a phone call when I pulled over and just checked the time on it... right at 3:00.

Apparently that guy shot himself on the range a little before 4... aka right when I would have been there. I heard that the range was empty besided him, who knows what would have happened if someone else (me) was in there too. Scary. Glad I decided to avoid it, feel like I owe some of you here a thanks for making me aware of Dons' repuation. On a side note, I was shooting my glock 19 at pop's today and my front sight (had night sights installed) came loose. They fixed it for me free of charge and I didn't even buy the gun there. Great guys

Jcole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    I hate Dons range. Especially in the winter. Does anyone shoot at the Eagle Creek range? Its right around the corner from my house but Ive never been there.

Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    what a coincidence. I almost went to dons, but shot a popguns yesterday also. And I shot my glock :)
    I was in there later though, finished shooting 10 till 7. I was only in there 30 minutes and they charged me for a full hour though :/

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I hate Dons range. Especially in the winter. Does anyone shoot at the Eagle Creek range? Its right around the corner from my house but Ive never been there.

Good range - expensive but a very good range.

It's one of the few ranges where the RO's are actually cool; they're polite and don't bother me like Atterbury's RO's.

Top Bottom