I went to the Walkerton Wild game dinner.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    It was at the Walkerton Legion hall. I have always wanted to go to it. I guess they have it every year.

What a joke. It started at 5. Running a little late we got there about 5:30. The place was about 50% full. Hmmm. Ok appetizers started about 6. So I wasn't really late. Guy kept announcing these are appetizers so don't load up, we are going to have the main courses in a while. About 630 they brought out the desserts on a table. Hmm no hurry on that. 7:30 people are wondering whats up and starting to hit the desserts. People are hungry. 8 o'clock, people hitting the desserts more. By 830 the desserts are getting thin. Getting cleaned out by return trips. Crowd getting smaller. They finally brought out the main courses at 9PM. 3 hours after the appetizers. You would think if they have been doing this for years they would be getting better at it. They were running the cash bar and tip boards for 4 hours before the main course. If they have been this slow for years maybe this is why the turned out is so small.

On the other hand the food was pretty good. With the lack of people and the ones that left early, they had a lot left over. I guess I had to rant a little. Kind of a bummer, wanted to get in have a decent dinner, then I had stuff to do. Well by the time we got done with dinner it was quarter till 10, so other plans were shot.

Top Bottom