I wish guns had names not numbers. Do you have a name for your favorite gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    P220, P4, M9A1, XDM40, GLOCK 19 21 22 blah blah... I wish guns were names like cars are (or used to be, maybe not so much anymore). The Sig "Surrender" or the Colt AR "Blackjack", something better than letters and number. I know there are a couple out there named but not many. Anyone have any creative names they have given their guns?

Maybe the manufacturers will stumble upon this and take some notes...

:popcorn:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Not many names? Here's a few quickly off the top of my head:

Contender
    Encore
    Python
    Trooper
    Commander
    Gold Cup
    Officer's Model
    Government Model
    Huntsman
    Woodsman
    Detective Special
    Combat Masterpiece
    Buckmark
    Mark 1,2,3
    Super Blackhawk
    Redhawk
    Blackhawk
    Super Redhawk
    Bearcat
    Security Six
    Omega
    Automag
    Desert Eagle
    Hardballer
    Scoremaster
    Trophy match
    Champion

rifle?

Fieldmaster
    Scoremaster
    Speedmaster
    Woodsmaster
    Gamemaster
    Mohawk
    Hawken
    Renegade
    Blackdiamond
    Big Boar
    Firehawk
    Greyhawk

etc etc

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Most of my guns have model numbers and model names, so I don't refer to them by "pet names".

Unless on rare occasion I miss, then it gets lumped with the other past offenders as "POS" ;)

My 700 is an ADL, but there I just refer to it by its chambering, ".243".

Name/number...........apart or in combination. No big deal.

It might seem confusing, but over time you'll start etching that stuff in your grey matter and it'll be easier to remember.

Note: I'm pretty good on model names/numbers of equipment and stuff, but really suck at people's names. Maybe if they have numbers too ;)

Really though, I do suck at people's names. Always have. And I am no good with song lyrics, but the music, I can remember in fine detail.

Folks are wired and or learn things differently. But, the more one practices remembering, or is subjected to such numbering/naming, the better chance of remembering it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My brother (repeter1977) has named all his.

Me, just one.
    I got tired of saying Black Rain Ordnance Fallout AR.
    Now I call her...

Black Betty.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Most of my guns have model numbers and model names, so I don't refer to them by "pet names".

Unless on rare occasion I miss, then it gets lumped with the other past offenders as "POS" ;)

My 700 is an ADL, but there I just refer to it by its chambering, ".243".

Name/number...........apart or in combination. No big deal.

It might seem confusing, but over time you'll start etching that stuff in your grey matter and it'll be easier to remember.

Note: I'm pretty good on model names/numbers of equipment and stuff, but really suck at people's names. Maybe if they have numbers too ;)

Really though, I do suck at people's names. Always have. And I am no good with song lyrics, but the music, I can remember in fine detail.

Folks are wired and or learn things differently. But, the more one practices remembering, or is subjected to such numbering/naming, the better chance of remembering it.

I don't have a problem remembering the models of guns. I just would prefer names that's all. And thanks for the list of named guns. I'm guessing you didn't list the numbered only guns because it's 20 times that long ;) I know there are some out there named by the manufacturer, but other than Renegade, they are mostly lame.

:+1: to Sanguine Samurai for "Lint Trap" haha. I'm guessing you don't have a holster and it's your pocket gun...

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    The Ed Brown Executive Target goes by either "Mr. Brown" or "ET"...
    edbrownexecutivetarget0.jpg

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    I gotta Dan Wesson .357 six inch barrel and adjustable sites with pachmyer grip, I like to refer to her as ol Beulah. Big ball of flame and a blast to shoot.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My GF just bought her 3rd 1911. This one is the Kimber Ultra Carry w/all the goodies. Bright, shiny, colorful. She named it "The Bi.ch" immediately after firing it.
    She makes fun of my old Kimber Custom by referring to it as "old ugly". I just call it my gun. I've had it a long time, shows wear, use, and character.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    my ar is named "betty blue" after "charles gray" on the unit
    if i ever get more punisher gear on it i might change it to "Frank Castle" right now all ive got is the extended mag release, looking to get the takedown pins, ive seen a cool magpul moe grip on ebay that has the "punisher skull" engraved in it, rail covers, foward assist buttons, trigger guards, buffer tubes, hell while im at it i just might build a new ar with a spikes tactical "punisher" lower!

i call my ruger p85 "old faithfull" owned her for 22 years now, never had a problem out of her!

im in the process of building 2 more ar's(one each for my daughters) and i tried to get them to name them "hammerhead" and "snake doc" after mac and jonas from the unit

Top Bottom