• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is cool and would be great for the holidays.

awesome-table-01.gif

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Only once, after you sell a couple your in the black, of course I don't see $50,000 tables exactly flying off the showroom floor...

Watch the video link I posted and tell me you can make it profitable at $25k per table with only $100k in equipment. I'm betting the company building these has several million in equipment.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Watch the video.
    Bah, I can do that with some dowel rod and a lazy Susan :lmfao:

but yeah, your right, the specialized machinery probably goes for a lot more than 100k, not to mention the time to hand for everything, and the cost of some of that wood is mind blowing! I mean nice domestic wood like cherry and walnut go for almost $6 a board foot (1" thick, 12"x12") I've seen some exotics go for $30-$40 a board foot!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Bah, I can do that with some dowel rod and a lazy Susan :lmfao:

but yeah, your right, the specialized machinery probably goes for a lot more than 100k, not to mention the time to hand for everything, and the cost of some of that wood is mind blowing! I mean nice domestic wood like cherry and walnut go for almost $6 a board foot (1" thick, 12"x12") I've seen some exotics go for $30-$40 a board foot!

There probably isn't 100# of wood in the finished table. Those things have higher precision maching than many cars built today.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    There probably isn't 100# of wood in the finished table. Those things have higher precision maching than many cars built today.
    True, but there is enough exotic wood to make it really expensive, and the stuff he showed was 2" finished so it had to start off at 9/4 if they steamed and laminated the curved pieces, if not it would probably be closer to 16/4 rough size, and the prices for high quality laminate for the top is really pricey, but I would imagine they cut their own, resawing laminate wouldn't be that big of an issue considering the work they are doing!

Top Bottom