• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am confused. The Democratic talking point, used by the MiL, is that Trump’s trade plan has hurt farmers. Ok, that’s true. It might be ultimately wrong, but currently it IS factual. So people are now getting upset because they’re hearing things they don’t like? C’mon OP, you don’t need to find reasons to dislike a MiL; the histories of epic struggles between husbands and battle axes is well documented.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I am confused. The Democratic talking point, used by the MiL, is that Trump’s trade plan has hurt farmers. Ok, that’s true. It might be ultimately wrong, but currently it IS factual. So people are now getting upset because they’re hearing things they don’t like? C’mon OP, you don’t need to find reasons to dislike a MiL; the histories of epic struggles between husbands and battle axes is well documented.

:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I read more than that into tis one Kut but it is one of the main talking points. Also there are some serious trade deals opening up that will benefit the dirt guys.

I am so blessed to have known my MIL God rest here wonderful soul.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I read more than that into tis one Kut but it is one of the main talking points. Also there are some serious trade deals opening up that will benefit the dirt guys.

I am so blessed to have known my MIL God rest here wonderful soul.

To clarify and hopefully keep this out of the political venue discussion as that was never my intent. I am sure there are things that Trump has done that have not helped everyone, to think so would not be accurate. my main issue is her spouting off this that and the other things, and not being able to provide any statements of facts as to her position. One of the better ones was Trump hates Woman that was like the kettle calling the pot Black. Or her other big one is that he degrades woman in hotel rooms? Really were you there? Did You see it? Again back to the I just feel he would do that!

Her other Fact that she touts around is that "No One Needs More Than 6 Clip Capacity" Again when asked to explain "You Just Don't Need It" My wife told her unfortunately some people may not spend enough time being proficient with their defense tool, Misses can Happen. Also it is possible that a person could be out numbered, there are lots of valid reasons why normal capacity may be needed in a magazine.

Again "Well I think you do not need a gun anyway" Again she is a not going to entertain even listening and learning She is right regardless.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To clarify and hopefully keep this out of the political venue discussion as that was never my intent. I am sure there are things that Trump has done that have not helped everyone, to think so would not be accurate. my main issue is her spouting off this that and the other things, and not being able to provide any statements of facts as to her position. One of the better ones was Trump hates Woman that was like the kettle calling the pot Black. Or her other big one is that he degrades woman in hotel rooms? Really were you there? Did You see it? Again back to the I just feel he would do that!

Her other Fact that she touts around is that "No One Needs More Than 6 Clip Capacity" Again when asked to explain "You Just Don't Need It" My wife told her unfortunately some people may not spend enough time being proficient with their defense tool, Misses can Happen. Also it is possible that a person could be out numbered, there are lots of valid reasons why normal capacity may be needed in a magazine.

Again "Well I think you do not need a gun anyway" Again she is a not going to entertain even listening and learning She is right regardless.

OK I hate her already. lets start a club....:):

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    OK I hate here already. lets start a club....:):

Well if nothing else it lets me vent, in a way that does not have unintended consequences. Besides Otis the LGD is probably wondering why I am spending so much time with Him and the goats. At least their barn is the cleaned out and all the chores are done lol.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    She sounds like my daughter's MIL. A product of drinking the Democratic media milk. She's family, but she's been brainwashed with the hatred, not the facts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Well, I think a six clip capacity is overkill too, but five a-ok. Lol. I would’ve corrected on that one. Actually no I wouldn’t. I’d have just shut up at that point.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Well, I think a six clip capacity is overkill too, but five a-ok. Lol. I would’ve corrected on that one. Actually no I wouldn’t. I’d have just shut up at that point.

It’s Gun ownership in general she hates and does not see the wort of an in case emergency break glass tool available when things take a Sharon
    Again one of the rare times I feel blessed, she runs her mouth, all I have to do is look the other way.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Id make it a point to go outside and shoot daily while she’s staying there. Then come inside and clean the guns. Maybe some hoppes so she gets that nice gun cleaner smell.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    It’s Gun ownership in general she hates and does not see the wort of an in case emergency break glass tool available when things take a Sharon
    Again one of the rare times I feel blessed, she runs her mouth, all I have to do is look the other way.

After reading this thread the scary part for me re: your MIL is that she is not the ONLY person who feels this way about a multitude of issues. There is an ever growing group of individuals who don’t want to or simply won’t listen to a cogent point/counterpoint discussion. In the past I am convinced many, if not most, folks would be at least somewhat willing to listen to both sides of an issue. Now, pick any topic and there are two very polarized factions that have no desire to be moved to look at something differently. There are multiple You Tube videos showing conservatives at rallys against Trump asking liberal attendees to cite specifics examples of factual information about why they don’t like Trump. The response is generally I don’t have to provide that I just know it or, further still, I don’t have to answer you because you’re a fascist ! Pick any topic - guns, politics, religion, etc. - all the same. Don’t confuse me with facts. And I believe that group of people who that way is growing.

Lastly, arguing with your MIL is like playing chess with a pigeon. It will strut around knocking pieces over, pooping on the board, and acting like it won !

Top Bottom