• ...and so much more!
  • Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Has anyone claimed the screen names "Hey ya'll watch this" or "Hold my beer"?

Artist recreation:

atomic-mushroom-cloud-nuclear-explosion-4-3.gif

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    When I was an apprentice, I once was almost fired due to a 55 gallon sized trash bag filled with a proper amount of acetylene, oxygen and a cannon fuse (burns 30 seconds a foot) was launched into the atmosphere whereby it exploded and the local police and fire departments were dispatched to our GM plant to investigate a horrible industrial explosion. Nothing found, code 9 and all units returned into service. The plant manager was NOT amused but all the millwrights sure had a good knee slapper.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Was once told by a fellow who had worked with the Montagnards that a 12 gauge slug would set off a can of gasoline. I never wanted to try it though (or know what they'd done with it).
    I think you would just have a gas can with a hole in it and gas all over the ground, there is nothing there to set it off. What am I missing?
    Fuel-Air explosives are way, way more powerful than tannerite or anfo. The "MOAB" is a fuel-air bomb (compressed propane and air I think). People that get their shorts in a twist over guns have no idea what can be done with an oxy-acetylene torch rig.

I once shot a two of the small bottles of tannerite in a 20 yard pistol bay (I was outside of the bay and behind my truck). The backstop and sideberms reflected the pressure wave in my direction and the results were . . . impressive. Not a smart thing to do, but . . . reasons.
    I once shot one of the small containers with my 5.7. The 198 is 2100fps out of the pistol, so just enough to set it off. I was too close for comfort, won't do that again.

In the picture I posted above you can just make out my son, the shooter, on the ground, we were about 70 yards out, that was one regular container of tannerite.

I saw a vid years ago of some kids that had doused a gas grill lp tank with diesel or gas, canoed out on a lake, set the tank on a stump, lit it and rowed away not nearly far enough and then shot the tank. IIRC the tank came flying past them. Need to find that one again.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    When dealing with gasoline or petroleum based explosives devices remember the basics!

1. Container

2. Fuel

2. Bursting and dispersion charge

3. Ignition charge

3. Ignition source

3. Fuel mix 60 % gas 40 % oil or straight gas with 164 ounces of thickening agent (Tide laundry detergent) for 55 gallons.

Minimum safe distance for 1 to 2 pound charge 300 meters

Vertical mine about 50 to 80 meters circle effect

Horizontal mine 80 meter directional effect

Fogasse mine 150 to 200 meter effect

I better shut up before I get a knock on the door!
    I'd like to be your friend! (or at least not your enemy)

Top Bottom