• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My Glock 20 still has dried blood on the slide from about 1995 or 96.

If you pistol whip somebody with a 1911, that son of ***** will rust before the sun comes up. 21 years later and the Glock is good as new. Shoot it more and the dried DNA just falls off. You have to get them hot. I read that on Pintrest.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you pistol whip somebody with a 1911, that son of ***** will rust before the sun comes up. 21 years later and the Glock is good as new. Shoot it more and the dried DNA just falls off. You have to get them hot. I read that on Pintrest.

I'm taking notes!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    True...but I have had a few 1911's that I was smart enough to unload on some sucker....I mean buyer.
    So, your saying you couldn't afford a nice one? :dunno:

I've found, winning them in a random drawing is the best way.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I once owned a G****, it rusted worse than any of the 1911s I have owned. :stickpoke:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

The G**** won't rust, it won't have time since it will just break off at the plastic handle and you'll go buy another one...not having learned the lesson.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually did get a Gen 2 Glock 17 to rust. Either sjstill or shooter527 probably have some photos of it when I had it in Bradis to get new sights (and also learned it had been subject to a recall and got the updated internals free of charge).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So...avatar of the CAL 30 M1 and dissing 1911's over G****'s. :dunno:

That was my thoughts.....:dunno:

IKR!

I guess some folks can't appreciate the real beauty of the 1911. My guess is that they are the reason that skinny jeans for men exist. Or, maybe the reason that the word 'manscaping' exists. Or, maybe they just have never had the joy that shooting a well built 1911 brings.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    G***** are the handguns that work but no one wants to look at. 1911's are the show pony. Besides, you know how many times you'd have to hit someone with a g**** to actually hurt them? A glancing blow of the all steel 1911 will knock a dude out for a week. direct hit and he's dead. Even if you hit them in hte toe. True story. Once killed a friend when I dropped a 1911 on his pinkie toe. gun wasn't even loaded and it kilt 'em.

Some sarcasm may have been used or implied during the making of this post. Also, on a serious note, never had a 1911 rust. Must not have been cheap enough.

Top Bottom