• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    From your location, I am assuming Nashville area?

I've joked with my wife that if we ever wanted to leave Indiana, Knoxville (or surrounding) would be my first choice city.
    We are on the farthest point East in Wilson county adjacent to Smith county. I can walk off our place cross the road and be in Smith county.

Nothing against Costco their really is no benefit for us to shop there. I do have friend that goes their often and speaks highly of the store.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Not when CKW was in the west side store last week. No TP.....:runaway:

For us (specifically the Michigan/465 store), we do get some spurts of semi-trailers not showing up. Whether it's a driver shortage, product shortage, or weather related, we do have some bad days here and there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For us (specifically the Michigan/465 store), we do get some spurts of semi-trailers not showing up. Whether it's a driver shortage, product shortage, or weather related, we do have some bad days here and there.
    Supply chain has been seriously disrupted.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    We are on the farthest point East in Wilson county adjacent to Smith county. I can walk off our place cross the road and be in Smith county.

Nothing against Costco their really is no benefit for us to shop there. I do have friend that goes their often and speaks highly of the store.

If I didn't work there, I would probably never step foot in one. Simply because I don't fit the bulk-buying demographic. I'm also not much of a prepper, so I don't have that mentality. But I probably should. I get a free lifetime membership after I retire from there. And I would probably still barely set foot in there to shop. Maybe on a Wed nite. During a snowstorm. With minimal crowds inside.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Ah HA! The old "I'm bored and there's nothing on the idiot box" line, eh?
    Well join the club and experience 2021. No ammo, no reloading supplies, no new firearms to break in (or break), tired of redoing the house, and I rarely do TV.
    What do I do for excitement? I lurk alot and post occasionally.

I live down the street from Tim's (in Westfield) and the last time I shot was Feb 2016. I also rarely do TV. It's mostly been Dave Ramsey podcasts for me for the last several years. (My apologies to those that hate Dave Ramsey)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If I didn't work there, I would probably never step foot in one. Simply because I don't fit the bulk-buying demographic. I'm also not much of a prepper, so I don't have that mentality. But I probably should. I get a free lifetime membership after I retire from there. And I would probably still barely set foot in there to shop. Maybe on a Wed nite. During a snowstorm. With minimal crowds inside.
    We do not fit the bulk buying demographic but we do stuck up and have things on hand. You would be surprised when the plandemic hit grocery store shelves were empty.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We had an executive membership for years until we moved out of Marion Co.. We let the membership expire but we were just talking yesterday about going back. We've started buying in bulk more now than we used to so it makes sense and I'm hoping there is still some money to be saved on meat. I'm not looking forward to the crowds.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We had an executive membership for years until we moved out of Marion Co.. We let the membership expire but we were just talking yesterday about going back. We've started buying in bulk more now than we used to so it makes sense and I'm hoping there is still some money to be saved on meat. I'm not looking forward to the crowds.
    We go in the morning when they open (Sams) and the crowds are doable.
    The meat selections and quality are pretty good. Lots of fish etc to choose from most times.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've never been to a Costco. I think our closest one is in Greenwood. Nothing against them just never been in one. Or Meijer for that matter. I need to get out more.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield

Like Churchmouse said (about Sam's), go during the week when we open at 10am, or before we close at 8:30pm. Avoid the 1st and the 15th, and when our coupon book begins. That's the absolute worse.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    I've never been to a Costco. I think our closest one is in Greenwood. Nothing against them just never been in one. Or Meijer for that matter. I need to get out more.

I have only been to Meijer and Menards a handful of times. We didn't have them in CA. Along with Hardees, Steak N Shake, White Castle, 5 Guys, & Bdubs. It might be different now. I think some are expanding out west now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For instance I’m sure you can find cheap pasta many places but. Costco offers Americas Test Kitchen winning pasta at great bulk prices. Great brands on about anything. Wells Lamont work gloves. Prepping is so misunderstood as most people focus on a few flashy items. Do you have socks? Less than fifteen bucks gets you four pairs of merino wool socks. Stock ‘‘em up. LOL

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've never been to Costco, but did go to Sam's a couple of times (guest membership or something). I did the math. Just because your cereal box is a cubic yard, or you buy the 64-pack of TP doesn't mean it's cheaper. Just my observation.

Top Bottom