• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    When we go, my wife tells me to take the cart and go get pop, while she looks at "stuff". When I eventually return from this quest she asks what took so long? Was I dawdling in the liquor or TV section?
    No, I had to hire a Sherpa to guide me to Katmandu and the secret Coke location!

But my real beef is no Kirkland low salt bacon for over a year now(Merrilleville store).

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

So I looked up the KS low sodium bacon. It looks like the Indy area stopped selling it at the end of 2019, and you guys had it until April 2020. Now it's been deleted from the entire Midwest (for now), while still being sold in other regions. So i can only assume low sales in our area. Sorry, man.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My wife stops in the castleton one often. Since she works just down the road it is simple and she fills up the tank and goes in and shops. The stuffed peppers are a good put in the the oven and supper item. I think she does spend more per shopping stop than she would at say kroger.

Now when I go it is very different. I have read the coupon book and have a list (something she does not do). If the cans of chicken are two dollars less than normal guess what gets a major purchase. I still have the big Folgers coffee tubs I got at 5.99 each when on sale. They are now 8.99. That is a ton of coffee for 5.99. I normally get a couple bottles of liquor and the Kirkland vodka is a winner. The knock off crown royal also gets a thumbs up. When I go it takes a lot of time to put of the items rotate the stocks and repackage. I don’t go often. I stock up on my work lunches with the wife.
    I place everything on the Costco credit card then shift the payment off the bank card to save a bit more. Repackaging items also costs but is much better than stuff going to waist. I would say my average trip is every 90 days and costs 500.

The freezer is full (all three) the pantry is stocked. Easy 6 months of items for 6. I think the 500 dollar days are behind me but when I see the liquor isle you can add a good hundred to the walk out price. Then again I have a new set of pantry shelves ready to install post Christmas pre New Years and I think that will then require more filling.

I have had zero success with the clothes. Socks hole up quickly. Better off at a farm supply store if you ask me. Maybe I am not seeing the right things.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    I have had zero success with the clothes. Socks hole up quickly. Better off at a farm supply store if you ask me. Maybe I am not seeing the right things.

I usually buy the name brands after they've been marked down in price. THAN I think it's worth it. But that's just my opinion. And I'm not much of a clothes whore to begin with anyways.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We raise and butcher our own chickens, I would barely butcher that bird for $5 let alone feed it And cook it.
    Makes me wonder what kind of factory a $5 chicken comes from.
    Is it boneless chicken? ;)

BonelessChickenRanch.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm completely lost with your post. Sorry.
    Not being very active I can understand your confusion. It's a vague reference to gun registration being the first phase of any liberal wet dream. First you have to identify your enemy with vague questions that lead to identifying them that way you're ready when the black helicopters arrive.

Deep state conspiracy blog stuff.

Or IS it?:shady:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We raise and butcher our own chickens, I would barely butcher that bird for $5 let alone feed it And cook it.
    Makes me wonder what kind of factory a $5 chicken comes from.
    Remember Costco is a member store. So before we even get to chickens let’s look at the business model. The data I see shows 105.5 million members that pay $60 to join, that is 6.3 BILLION! They are given $6.3 billion, per year, just for the privilege of shopping there. Then if you do the executive membership, which I understand about half do, members are loaning them another $3.1 billion that Costco guarantees you will earn back in rewards or they will refund it, so essentially it is an interest free loan to them.

I read a story in a business publication that Costco had sold an unbelievable quantity of jeans over a two year period. The manufacturer came back and said they now could deliver the jeans at $2 less per unit. Costco offered the jeans at $2 less to their customers. No one would have known if they kept the price the same and pocked the $2 bucks per and most companies would do just that. But that is not how they roll.

So to your post, if a bunch of members gave you money and some even loaned you operating expense at 0 interest are we getting closer to a $5 chicken?

Last edited:

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    My understanding is that the chicken is a loss leader, but it gets people in the door. I love the chicken, and I don’t see any concerns for franken-chicken or poultry factory malfeasance. They seem to be good quality with good flavor, and appropriately sized, not juiced up GMO specials.

And besides, you can get your old lady one single rose or a Costco rotisserie chicken for five bucks...I think the choice is obvious.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    I know for a fact that the food court and bakery are loss leaders, so I'm ASSuming that the deli is the same. The meat dept is not one.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Remember Costco is a member store. So before we even get to chickens let’s look at the business model. The data I see shows 105.5 million members that pay $60 to join, that is 6.3 BILLION! They are given $6.3 billion, per year, just for the privilege of shopping there. Then if you do the executive membership, which I understand about half do, members are loaning them another $3.1 billion that Costco guarantees you will earn back in rewards or they will refund it, so essentially it is an interest free loan to them.

I read a story in a business publication that Costco had sold an unbelievable quantity of jeans over a two year period. The manufacturer came back and said they now could deliver the jeans at $2 less per unit. Costco offered the jeans at $2 less to their customers. No one would have known if they kept the price the same and pocked the $2 bucks per and most companies would do just that. But that is not how they r

So to your post, if a bunch of members gave you money and some even loaned you operating expense at 0 interest are we getting closer to a $5 chicken?

You're 100% correct.

I don't know today's exact numbers, but about 5-7 years ago, Costco would profit about $1-$2 on a $20-$30 Bluray movie. But on a $60 or $120 membership, Costco profits that entire amount. All Costco cares about is you renewing your membership. Which is why we take anything back anytime, no questions asked. With the exception of the 90 day limit on certain electronics that started in May 2007. We just want you to renew.

OmarR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Westfield
    Not being very active I can understand your confusion. It's a vague reference to gun registration being the first phase of any liberal wet dream. First you have to identify your enemy with vague questions that lead to identifying them that way you're ready when the black helicopters arrive.

Deep state conspiracy blog stuff.

Or IS it?:shady:

Ah, got it.

I do have my Lady parked in a cave. And my dog Tet waiting for me at my cabin. Where i serenade a Bald Eagle with my cello.

Top Bottom