• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    A little background - my family and I operate a police uniform store in Greencastle. Often, the police officers cannot hear their radios because of interference caused by our metal roof. I would like to install a police scanner so they can hear if they are being called. But I don't know anything about scanners.

Do I want something that can affix an external antenna (so as to circumvent the metal roof)? Please, must be easy to program (with a PC?).

Our county uses the 800 Mhz digital radios. I prefer not to spend too much if possible.

What do I want to buy?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    A little background - my family and I operate a police uniform store in Greencastle. Often, the police officers cannot hear their radios because of interference caused by our metal roof....

Certainly the officers you are trying to accommodate have some radio nerd back at the station that could get you set up. He probably has old parts in his mom's basement that he would give you for free.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    If they use an analog signal, you can get a scanner for about 100. I have the radio shack handheld trunking analog (pro- some number) that served me well for a while in Hamilton county until they switched to digital. I have a pro-167? Which is a desktop model that is digital and that still works with most things....

but since radio shack doesn't make them anymore, disregard my suggestions

Top Bottom