• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    88 rounds min. Kids, don't try this at home as revolver shooting is only for the brave. Yurn and turn your way to some of the best double action shooting you will witness. No high cap babies here....

registration closes at 9:45 walk on or practiscore post earlier in this thread. Need not be an ACC or ICORE member to shoot.....

well what do you say.....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I will need more speedloaders if I want to try this. And they must be on your belt? I guess some speedloader holders too?

What else would I need besides holster and revolver with ammo? And could I use my leather OWB holster or do I need some kind of Kydex speed rig?

I'm thinking about only shooting revolver this year with the hopes it will hone my actual shooting skills.

Not reloading .38 Special yet, so I'd need to buy ammo. I guess I'll read the handbook and see if they have suggestions.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I will need more speedloaders if I want to try this. And they must be on your belt? I guess some speedloader holders too?

What else would I need besides holster and revolver with ammo? And could I use my leather OWB holster or do I need some kind of Kydex speed rig?

I'm thinking about only shooting revolver this year with the hopes it will hone my actual shooting skills.

Not reloading .38 Special yet, so I'd need to buy ammo. I guess I'll read the handbook and see if they have suggestions.

Leather holster is fine. Need 6 speedloaders/pouches on belt. (Minimum)

Good outlet for revolver gear.

https://cpwsa.com/collections/revolver-gear

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Safariland also makes a couple good speedloader holders. Make sure you buy the right speed loaders! No need for special ammo, just anything your gun fires reliably.

If you're crafty, I made my first moon clip holder for free and used it for a year. I made my current speedloader holders out of kydex for $4(actually $1, but I had to buy $4 worth of kydex at a time). Both were supper easy projects, I'm not really crafty.

What kind of wheel gun do you have? If possible, buy these push-style loaders: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...s-and-w-581-681-586-686-38-special-357-magnum

They regularly go on sale for $13. Just make sure you get the size that fits your gun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Safariland also makes a couple good speedloader holders. Make sure you buy the right speed loaders! No need for special ammo, just anything your gun fires reliably.

If you're crafty, I made my first moon clip holder for free and used it for a year. I made my current speedloader holders out of kydex for $4(actually $1, but I had to buy $4 worth of kydex at a time). Both were supper easy projects, I'm not really crafty.

What kind of wheel gun do you have? If possible, buy these push-style loaders: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/4...s-and-w-581-681-586-686-38-special-357-magnum

They regularly go on sale for $13. Just make sure you get the size that fits your gun.

I have a model 586 4" barrel. Would that work? I have (4) of the Safariland Comp III's.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Thanks to Jim for starting ICORE again at ACC. Beautiful day on the range with new and old(not a Jim joke:):) friends. Great meeting everyone.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Top Bottom