• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Funny thing, is all these do-gooder democrat politicians, many white, claim that its hard for the black folk to get an ID so they would be disenfranchised.

Yet I've seen multiple man on the street interviews asking those same black folk questions, and they are all 100% "Whaaaaaaa? Are you crazy? Of COURSE I have ID. Why would you ask me that? Do I know anyone that doesnt? Of course not."

How racist is it of those in power to assume that they dont have one and cant get one because its too hard?
    There is a very "soft bigotry of low expectations" vibe around the whole topic.

I was just at the BMV at 38th and Keystone. As the only white boy in the entire building I can assure you, black Americans clearly have no problem accessing the BMV.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I believe in Indiana the county election board will come to you if you need assistance in voting absentee.
    They will, for certain specific reasons. You're confined due to illness or injury or taking care of someone who is, you're disabled and your polling location is not accessible, or you're physically incapable of filling out and signing the ballot on your own. One of those must apply.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If they can't get to the BMV, how can they get to the polls? Should the state provide transportation to them as well?
    There are disabled folks who vote absentee ballots. The state makes arrangements for them to vote, so yes if the state requires the ID to vote they should make sure everyone has access to that ID.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not that I've ever heard.

You can get a free ID, but it's only valid for voting.
    I`m researching this issue. I CERTAIN that in the past at least, adults in Indiana were required by law to have a government issued photo ID, and if they didn`t drive, they could get a free ID. I know there are circumstances in which you MUST be able to identify yourself to law enforcement or it`s a misdemeanor...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you don't have a state ID I don't know what other signature would be on file to verify on an absentee ballot though.
    in theory, if you registered to vote (as if that is any easier than getting an ID) the signature will be on the voter rolls.

Which, with the advent of digital signature capture devices with less than ergonomic conditions*, how do you trust a signature, or maintain a consistent signature? How much like your physical signature does your signature on the credit card terminal at walmart? Probably not very close.

I know when I signed the electronic machine when I voted last, it looked NOTHING like my real signature.

*having to hold the pen up in the air with no support vs the ability to lay the side of your hand on the paper to steady it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How racist is it of those in power to assume that they dont have one and cant get one because its too hard?
    They're the same people that said minorities don't know how to use computers to find out where to get the vaccine. "The soft racism of low expectations."*

*Edit: Ark beat me to it.

ninepntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2019
    Newton co

I was just at the BMV at 38th and Keystone. As the only white boy in the entire building I can assure you, black Americans clearly have no problem accessing the BMV.

Used to take my disabled brother to the social security/disability office.
    Also, had to fight to get him Medicaid. Plenty of people there that could
    get on public transportation to make sure they get all the free stuff that
    Obama promised them. Free Obama phone, food stamps, free internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    the push to have everyone vote is part of the reason the country is in the shape it's in.
    I am not condoning any kind of voter fraud. In fact I think voter fraud at the federal level, whether 1 vote or many, should be considered treason and be punishable by death. The election process should be protected.

But everyone should have access to vote, including those whose views you oppose.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There are disabled folks who vote absentee ballots. The state makes arrangements for them to vote, so yes if the state requires the ID to vote they should make sure everyone has access to that ID.
    They will make arrangements under certain circumstances, and I'll disagree.
    I`m researching this issue. I CERTAIN that in the past at least, adults in Indiana were required by law to have a government issued photo ID, and if they didn`t drive, they could get a free ID. I know there are circumstances in which you MUST be able to identify yourself to law enforcement or it`s a misdemeanor...
    You're required to ID yourself if an officer has RAS that you have committed an infraction or ordinance violation. Per the IC that can be done by presenting an ID or verbally with name/dob/address.
    I am not condoning any kind of voter fraud. In fact I think voter fraud at the federal level, whether 1 vote or many, should be considered treason and be punishable by death. The election process should be protected.

But everyone should have access to vote, including those whose views you oppose.
    I'm not saying people should be prohibited being able to vote, just that IMO it's a good thing for them to have to put forth some effort. Whether they agree with my views or not.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    They will make arrangements under certain circumstances, and I'll disagree.

You're required to ID yourself if an officer has RAS that you have committed an infraction or ordinance violation. Per the IC that can be done by presenting an ID or verbally with name/dob/address.

I'm not saying people should be prohibited being able to vote, just that IMO it's a good thing for them to have to put forth some effort. Whether they agree with my views or not.
    I still believe Indiana law mandates that all adults have a valid government issued photo ID. I`m still researching this.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. If you cant be bothered to get off your butt and go down to the license branch for an hour, you dont deserve to vote. The stakes are THAT high. I'd argue it would be a good idea to couple a civics test and to prove the voter has been paying attention in order to cast a vote. Notice I didnt say it was legal or a requirement to do so, just that a RESPONSIBLE voter is an INFORMED AND EDUCATED voter. If you havent had time to research what is going on, what the candidates stand for, and what is at stake, you shouldnt vote.*

But I dont think it should be a LEGAL requirement to do so. Just saying it is irresponsible to just keep your head in the sand and ever 4 years go pull the lever of your party because thats what you are supposed to do.

*I dont vote for/against judges unless I know who they are and how they perform.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep. If you cant be bothered to get off your butt and go down to the license branch for an hour, you dont deserve to vote. The stakes are THAT high. I'd argue it would be a good idea to couple a civics test and to prove the voter has been paying attention in order to cast a vote. Notice I didnt say it was legal or a requirement to do so, just that a RESPONSIBLE voter is an INFORMED AND EDUCATED voter. If you havent had time to research what is going on, what the candidates stand for, and what is at stake, you shouldnt vote.*

But I dont think it should be a LEGAL requirement to do so. Just saying it is irresponsible to just keep your head in the sand and ever 4 years go pull the lever of your party because thats what you are supposed to do.

*I dont vote for/against judges unless I know who they are and how they perform.
    I hadn't though of this before, but are immigrants (the legal kind) still required to pass an exam on American history, basic civics, etc. in order to be granted citizenship?

I know it's never been a requirement to vote, but maybe it should be, especially since those things are not being taught in public schools, at least to the degree that they used to be.

It's probably never been a requirement up to this point because it would've been assumed that most people would learn that stuff as a part of their basic education. I don't think we can say that's necessarily true anymore. And obviously, being born here doesn't confer that knowledge to anyone on its own.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    True. Up until the 70s or 80s, we were all taught civics. Not so much anymore. I think the citizenship exam is assumed to bring them up to par with us. However we arent educated to that standard anymore. (obviously)

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

The "soft bigotry of low expectations" is a very good phrase. I will try to remember that for future discourse.

I may be repeating myself from an earlier post, or it may have been posted on another site. Regardless, here's my opinion.

When the Democrats lost control of minority populations they had exploited for their own benefit, through emancipation, it was a great blow to their power. They were greatly affected financially, which lessened their political influence. In order to exercise the leverage they once held, they had to shift their philosophy from the phyical plantation, and create an ideological plantation. An ideology that expresses that some people don't have the potential to grow and succeed. A philosophy that some people have been held down so long, that they can never achieve anything of their own volition, and neither can their descendants. They count on people people to rely on this doctrine, and people DO rely on it, which is how we get to things like entitlement programs that have turned into an acceptance of this "soft bigotry of low expectations", and the entitlement mentality is instilled in their children. How to work the system, what to say and not say, what to do and not do. Having grown up in an urban environment, I have seen this in action. Generational welfare exists, and many elders teach the next generation how to work the system. They do not inspire their children to achieve, they do not teach them to aspire, act, and succeed.

Then, there are those who reject the life were born into, and prove that the Democrats are lying. Everyone, regardless of their heritage, has the potential in themselves to aspire, act, and achieve. I have had the benefit in my life of having mentors who truly inspired me, as an average white guy. Some of them were whites, yes, but many of them were asian, black, hispanic, and of indeterminate heritage. It really didn't matter where their ancestors came from. Truth is truth, no matter the direction it comes from.

It is so incredibly racist to declare that minorities don't have the intelligence or ability to obtain identification, and yet, the people who ask that identification should be required are declared the racists. Soft bigotry of low expectations, indeed.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The "soft bigotry of low expectations" is a very good phrase. I will try to remember that for future discourse.

I may be repeating myself from an earlier post, or it may have been posted on another site. Regardless, here's my opinion.

When the Democrats lost control of minority populations they had exploited for their own benefit, through emancipation, it was a great blow to their power. They were greatly affected financially, which lessened their political influence. In order to exercise the leverage they once held, they had to shift their philosophy from the phyical plantation, and create an ideological plantation. An ideology that expresses that some people don't have the potential to grow and succeed. A philosophy that some people have been held down so long, that they can never achieve anything of their own volition, and neither can their descendants. They count on people people to rely on this doctrine, and people DO rely on it, which is how we get to things like entitlement programs that have turned into an acceptance of this "soft bigotry of low expectations", and the entitlement mentality is instilled in their children. How to work the system, what to say and not say, what to do and not do. Having grown up in an urban environment, I have seen this in action. Generational welfare exists, and many elders teach the next generation how to work the system. They do not inspire their children to achieve, they do not teach them to aspire, act, and succeed.

Then, there are those who reject the life were born into, and prove that the Democrats are lying. Everyone, regardless of their heritage, has the potential in themselves to aspire, act, and achieve. I have had the benefit in my life of having mentors who truly inspired me, as an average white guy. Some of them were whites, yes, but many of them were asian, black, hispanic, and of indeterminate heritage. It really didn't matter where their ancestors came from. Truth is truth, no matter the direction it comes from.

It is so incredibly racist to declare that minorities don't have the intelligence or ability to obtain identification, and yet, the people who ask that identification should be required are declared the racists. Soft bigotry of low expectations, indeed.
    Hence…
    1628907792168.jpeg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't buy that there are people that want to vote, but don't due to ID issues. That is nothing more than a liberal talking point.

That was proven in the last election that was stolen by a handfull states that used the narrative to foster the fraud that turned an election overnight.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom