• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dang it - how do I move this? Sorry for wrong location.

There was just a story on MSNBC about a man who shot a grizzly in his front yard that was being aggressive toward his children (two looked to be under 5). He was in Federal Court today to face charges of shooting an endangered species. Possible 1-year in prison and $50k fine. Idaho wrote the feds in support of the man ... Feds going over the States ...

Idaho man pleads not guilty to illegally killing grizzly bear on his property - The Washington Post

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Better to be judged by twelve than have my kids carried by six. Any jury that would convict needs to be beaten about the head and neck with a stick.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I read stories like this and I just can't believe anyone would stand for it. Anyone that would take part in prosecuting a man for protecting his children from an animal deserves to be put to death because they have no place sharing the world with rational decent people.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    It's obvious to me, he shouldn't have his house there. It's really his fault. Maybe he should have tried pepper spray first, or used the spray as distraction to get his kids inside where they belong. He then should have called the proper authorities to deal with it. It's apparent to me he's not qualified in this matter.........

Do I really need to use purple?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Better to be judged by twelve than have my kids carried by six. Any jury that would convict needs to be beaten about the head and neck with a stick.
    10-1 the feds do like King george did back in the 1770's and move the venue far away from Northern Idaho.

As an aside, this is yet another reason to share with every single you person you know what being a "Fully Informed Juror" is all about.
    Fully Informed Jury Association

Our forefather practiced it and we should to, when appropriate.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    As Long as he yelled"Look out he's coming right for us!" he should be ok.
    Did he at least fire a shot in the air to scare the bear before he actually shot it? I would've sent a shot up then the rest in the bear.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Did he at least fire a shot in the air to scare the bear before he actually shot it? I would've sent a shot up then the rest in the bear.

And risk that shot hitting someone else?

Even worse, something else. What if he fired in the air and killed a bald eagle... with the bear, he would likely get the needle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

It's an animal. Animals don't get warning shots when there is a strong possibility it might attack my family.

Top Bottom