Identify yourself as a LCH holder or not?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I always appreciate it if I am told they are armed and have a permit. That said, I wouldnt get upset if I discovered that they had a permit/weapon and didn't tell me.

If someone has a permit that gives me less reason to "dig" as I know they have gone through the proper steps to carry legally. In general criminals do not do that. That also means they have passed a background check. I would not disarm someone with a permit. There is no reason to unholster a legally carried weapon and handle it during a routine stop.

darrin5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Oklahoma LCC

I am a LCC and I do believe here in Oklahoma when you get your CC it is attached to your DL so if you are stopped they are aware that you have a CCL, I have been told this from people I know that have been pulled over, otherwise if you are LCC and you are not carrying you DO NOT have to give them any info only if you are carrying.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Indiana has no requirement to notify. You are NOT required to offer that information.

Correct.

If you are asked, you MUST tell them the truth, or be subject to charges.

Incorrect.

meh, you broke even. ;)

I won't inform even if asked. Even if they see it and ask.

(I will, however, make fun of them if they clearly see it and still ask.) :D

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Because its a high stress job. traffic stops are dangerous for cops. they dont like unexpected problems, like seeing guns. Believe it or not criminals carry guns too. the officer doesnt have a clue who you are or your intentions. best to show them ahead of times your intent. telling them ahead of time says your not trying to hide anything.

Do what what you want on a traffic stop. Its your right not to say a damn thing. I'm just telling you my experience. And I'll bet I have a lot more experience at stopping cars than you. And people hiding guns in their car and not knowing if they are law abiding citizens or some guy that just robbed a convenience store.

And as I said it helps in getting out of a ticket. I always respected law abiding citizens that were upfront with me.

Horse hockey......my daughter in law made the MISTAKE of notifiing when pulled over, got her out of her car, had her gun takin away and treated like a law breaking citizen....and then got a ticket. I will nover lie to a LEO, I will never tell them I am legally carrying either.....You should respect that Constitutional right.....if your worth anything.

Marine1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Terre Haute
    If an officer runs your plate, it comes back with a name that the plate is registered to. It will not tell the officer that you have a LTCH. If they decide you need to be stopped, they get your license, run it and then your LTCH status comes up. This is from personal experience.

Oh, and the best thing to do if you're carrying, is jump out of your car, draw your handgun, and start yelling "OFFICER! I JUST WANT YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE A GUN!"

you might as well tell them if they run your drivers license it will come up your LTCH

DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    I always just give them my LTCH with my drivers license. It isn't going to hurt anything if they know. Plus, it is like what all has been said before, they have it on file anyway so its not like you can hide it from them.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    you might as well tell them if they run your drivers license it will come up your LTCH

Yeah, but most cops aren't going to care. People don't usually let a cop get their license, run it, and then shoot. It's usually, pull over, shoot when they first get to your window. Personally, I won't mention it unless I have to reach around it and there's a chance they'll see it. That's just my opinion though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Always give what's asked for and don't create additional headaches.

"Excellent, may we search your car?"

"May we search your home?"

*snaps on latex glove*

"You don't object to a little cavity search while we detain you here indefinitely, do you?" :)

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Ignition off, Hands on steering wheel and let them know you are have a LCP.

Surprising a cop is not a good idea.

Put your self in there shoes, would you want to be surprised
    Your legal whats the problem.

Top Bottom