• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Whats a good deal, whats not? my bank is offering to cover my wife son and myself for 18 a month. Supposed to include monitoring of all of our credit accounts, credit reports, and offer 1 million in coverage. 18 a month seems a bit pricy but I don't know much about it. What other options are out there?

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    You can Freeze or Unfreeze your credit at any time. Three major reporting agencies, very low cost. Google freeze my credit. The program from your bank does the same thing through an insurance policy.
    My financal guy explained this a long time ago.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Have been researching a little. We were part of the Anthem hack. They will provide a years worth free of charge. However one financial adviser said it is not always the best possible plan...I assume they take bids. He said best ones run $ 15 - 18 per month.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You can Freeze or Unfreeze your credit at any time.

I froze mine years ago with the big three and it didn't cost me anything. The only down side is that I have to arrange for someone to be able to run my credit now but I've only done that twice in the past four years and it's really not difficult. The credit agencies will provide you with a PIN and you can request a temporary lift of the freeze if you need to apply for credit.

The added benefit is that I no longer get 200 credit offers a week in the mail.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I froze mine years ago with the big three and it didn't cost me anything. The only down side is that I have to arrange for someone to be able to run my credit now but I've only done that twice in the past four years and it's really not difficult. The credit agencies will provide you with a PIN and you can request a temporary lift of the freeze if you need to apply for credit.

The added benefit is that I no longer get 200 credit offers a week in the mail.

Yep. I froze mine after the Anthem hack. Some states charge to do this, but it's free for Indiana residents. It's very easy to do. With two of the bureaus I froze over the phone, the other was online. The whole process to do all three took less than 20 minutes total.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Simple credit freeze is part of the solution at best. A credit freeze doesn't stop anyone from draining your bank account, filing taxes to steal your refund, or a number of other problems.
    I use the one sold by Zander. I haven't had to use it, but I will still keep it. It's only a matter of time until I need to use it; everyone will have their ID stolen eventually.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Yep, credit freezes are free for Indiana residents. Here's a page to get you started:

Attorney General: Credit Freeze

When a freeze is placed, you'll get a code you can use in the future to freeze/unfreeze as needed; like if you go shopping for a new car, etc.

Fraud alerts with the credit bureaus are free for IN residents also.

Top Bottom