• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Agreed... It may sound extreme to many but this does not bode well for our gun rights. These two acted in an ill-advised manner but putting felony charges on what they did is making an example of them and that's not good for any of us. They did nothing threatening including refusing to touch their weapons when asked to put them down. I wouldn't have wanted to touch the rifle either. And to the hypocrites who say not to judge people by their appearance it's really something hearing you all say it's a good thing they didn't get shot because the way they looked. Yeah, the cops did the right thing. The prosecutor isn't.

EDIT: I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the charges are not reduced or if they get off entirely. They should.

They made themselves and the rest of lawful gun owners look bad by their actions. You know, the whole "bad apple" idea. If they didn't want to be made an example of, they should have considered the possible consequences of their actions. Gun owners should be pissed at them.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    They made themselves and the rest of lawful gun owners look bad by their actions.

Which of their actions make me look bad?

You know, the whole "bad apple" idea.

How are they bad apples? What is their crime and who is the victim of their actions?

If they didn't want to be made an example of, they should have considered the possible consequences of their actions.

I'm sure they were prepared for the just consequences of their actions, but unjust consequences will be attempted.

Gun owners should be pissed at them.

I'm not. I hope they beat these trumped up charges. I don't think "looking bad" should be prosecuted at all.

Why are you pissed at them? I don't condone their rudeness in the prior interaction, but that's not a crime, either.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've not met a prosecutor who didn't have a college education focused on the law. If the actions of these two morons meet the criteria for felony charges they get charged. Malicious prosecution is hammering someone for something which was not necessarily intended, an honest mistake if you will. These two idiots went looking for trouble and they found it. If you watched the video from the courtroom hearing it was quite obvious they were intentionally trying to stir up **** as frequently as possible. I hope they're convicted, serve prison time and learn from their mistakes.

If you're a loser with no meaning to your life at least have the common decency to be a quiet loser. Making it your goal in life to go out and unnecessarily **** with people for entertainment is pathetic at every level. They get no sympathy from me. Act like an adult if you want to be treated like one, act like a child and expect to be put in time out.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I guess they walked into a police station to file a complaint looking just a bit too much like a swat team member, huh?

Prison time! Learn from your mistake, silly subject!

Unbelievable.

Give them them their 15 minutes of petty fame and cut 'em loose. Where's the crime?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    "Hi, we've come to file a complaint."

pic_giant_021113_SM_swat.jpg

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Like I wrote, make an example of 'em. Use them to keep the rest of the knaves, peasants, and serfs in line.

"Equal Justice Under Law"? We'll see. Lots of true scumbags skate on much worse charges every day.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Defend idiots all you want, sure doesn't reflect poorly on me. Hell, walk into a police station dressed up like a mall ninja to "file a complaint" if it blows your skirt up. I'll even listen to you whine about being held accountable for your stupidity if you don't mind the giggles.

I won't bother posting a response to your obvious butt hurt over the existence of SWAT teams. It's been hashed out here repeatedly over the years and my mind has yet to be changed or my feelings hurt by the bull**** accusations and insults. Troll someone else.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If the actions of a few bad gun owners make all gun owners look bad, what do the actions of a few bad cops do?

Edit: (I shouldn't have to say this based on the history of my posts) but I am not trolling or LEO-bashing here. This is intended to encourage critical thought. We pro-gun folks don't respond well to emotional arguments from the antis; let's not react emotionally about the Dearborn incident.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If the actions of a few bad gun owners make all gun owners look bad, what do the actions of a few bad cops do?Edit: (I shouldn't have to say this based on the history of my posts) but I am not trolling or LEO-bashing here. This is intended to encourage critical thought. We pro-gun folks don't respond well to emotional arguments from the antis; let's not react emotionally about the Dearborn incident.
    No one ever considers the actions of some gun owners bringing negative attention to all gun owners. Any time one cop does something though, all of us are *******s.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess they walked into a police station to file a complaint looking just a bit too much like a swat team member, huh?

Prison time! Learn from your mistake, silly subject!

Unbelievable.

Give them them their 15 minutes of petty fame and cut 'em loose. Where's the crime?

I am usually understanding you on your responses but on this one you are lost.
    Yeah let them go and the next bunch that tries this might be for real.
    The obvious comparison to swat is lost on me. This was beyond a dumb move by these idiots and could have gotten them shot. Or worse. Worse is well......worse.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No one ever considers the actions of some gun owners bringing negative attention to all gun owners. Any time one cop does something though, all of us are *******s.

I have to say that my brain hurts when I see this idiotic crap done by not smart gun owners. It does fuel the anti's in there never ending quest for restricting our 2A.
    It does reflect poorly on the rest of us. Any one that does not believe that Mrs. soccer mom is set back by this is just not in touch.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I've not met a prosecutor who didn't have a college education focused on the law. If the actions of these two morons meet the criteria for felony charges they get charged. Malicious prosecution is hammering someone for something which was not necessarily intended, an honest mistake if you will. These two idiots went looking for trouble and they found it. If you watched the video from the courtroom hearing it was quite obvious they were intentionally trying to stir up **** as frequently as possible. I hope they're convicted, serve prison time and learn from their mistakes. If you're a loser with no meaning to your life at least have the common decency to be a quiet loser. Making it your goal in life to go out and unnecessarily **** with people for entertainment is pathetic at every level. They get no sympathy from me. Act like an adult if you want to be treated like one, act like a child and expect to be put in time out.
    You might be the first cop I've ever seen say something nice about Kym Worthy.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Defend idiots all you want, sure doesn't reflect poorly on me.

If you defend the trumped up charges, that is what will reflect poorly on you.

Hell, walk into a police station dressed up like a mall ninja to "file a complaint" if it blows your skirt up.

If you think that should be illegal it will reflect poorly on you. Mall ninja, SWAT team member, whatever ...did they threaten anyone?

I'll even listen to you whine about being held accountable for your stupidity if you don't mind the giggles.

What is the extent of just accountability you believe they should face for dressing up like SWAT team members? Felony?

I won't bother posting a response to your obvious butt hurt over the existence of SWAT teams.

Go ahead and dress up like a mall ninja if it blows your skirt up, just try not to lose your mind when someone else exercises the same right. You're not that special.

It's been hashed out here repeatedly over the years and my mind has yet to be changed or my feelings hurt by the bull**** accusations and insults.

You don't get charged with a felony when you do it and I don't get a free pass to threaten your life simply because what you're wearing scares me.

Troll someone else.

Check your immunity.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I am usually understanding you on your responses but on this one you are lost.

How am I lost? What do you need clarified? Was anyone threatened? (...except the guys who came to file complaints, of course.)

Yeah let them go and the next bunch that tries this might be for real.

For real what? Scary looking? Cop looking? Mall ninja looking? Why on earth wouldn't they be let go? They didn't threaten anyone! Looking like you might threaten someone is not illegal.

The obvious comparison to swat is lost on me.

It's not illegal to wear what SWAT teams typically wear. Are they threatening anyone simply by looking like that? Are cops?

This was beyond a dumb move by these idiots and could have gotten them shot.

Because they looked scary? Who did they threaten? How would shooting them have been a justified response? How are felony charges a justified response?

Or worse. Worse is well......worse.

They didn't kick in the door and run in pointing guns at anyone and shouting orders ...or throw a flashbang through a window before breaching.

What exactly was their crime? Looking scary without a badge, I suppose. Support that if you can.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have to say that my brain hurts when I see this idiotic crap done by not smart gun owners. It does fuel the anti's in there never ending quest for restricting our 2A.
    It does reflect poorly on the rest of us. Any one that does not believe that Mrs. soccer mom is set back by this is just not in touch.

Setting back Mrs. soccer mom is not a crime. Might have been dumb, but that's not a crime.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Setting back Mrs. soccer mom is not a crime. Might have been dumb, but that's not a crime.

No it is not. But in the long run it is another nail in a long board with many nails in it. Mrs. Soccer mom most likely has Mr. Soccer moms jewels in her purse.
    He will bend to her will. See it all the time. That is 2 solid anti's now. This escalates across the country. It fuels a movement that is aimed at "US" and is gaining momentum with every incident like this.

Crime.....:dunno:
    Pushing something in the wrong way....you bet.
    In these troubled times doing as they did put those LEO at risk as far as they could see. This could have ended very badly. If it had that would have been a huge nail. Huge.

Your liberty's end when they push mine. In a Kevin Bakin (Sp) round robin way this is fuel towards pushing mine.
    I see your point but it is extreme.

JMHO of course.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    IMO the officers reacted appropriately given the situation and had they shot them after he didn't comply with their order to drop the firearm I also dont think that would have been unjustified. Bottom line if you have a gun and cop says drop the gun then by all means drop the damn gun and sort out the details later. As far as charges go for the two clowns, not my place to say.

Top Bottom