• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone here connected with the IDPA matches at HCF&G? The matches on the calendar show "to be confirmed". I sent an email to the address listed for questions a couple days ago, but no response.

Do they actually have them? Anyone have any details like when matches are confirmed, round counts, etc?

Looking forward to finally getting my first match under my belt.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    They do actually hold matches, as I attended one there back at the beginning of June or July. Great facility and good group of guys. Unfortunately, having only shot there once, I don't know any of the contacts or anything, sorry. What I recall was that a confirmation email came out the Monday before the match. If you'd emailed the idpa@hcfg.org address, you should get a confirmation email sent to you.

Phoenix1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Greenwood
    Cameramonkey - I'm looking forward to my first match as well!

I sent an email to their contact address two weeks ago and have not heard a response, either. I'd really like to find out if the matches on the calender will be held - anyone have a contact?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks Menace!

it would be awesome if they went to the trouble of setting up an email address for info somebody would actually monitor it and respond to inquiries. Apparently my email wasn't the only one ignored.
    :dunno:

ETA: Or at least edit the calendar to indicate it is confirmed and no longer tentative...

Last edited:

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    Cameramonky,

they have had an issue with returning emails for a long time. Not sure if no one monitors it or what, but it's been an issue for a while.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cameramonky,

they have had an issue with returning emails for a long time. Not sure if no one monitors it or what, but it's been an issue for a while.

THanks for the info. I am planning on attending the match Saturday. Email administration is one of the things I do professionally so I might check and see what kind of issues they are having. Could be a really quick fix.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    At the meeting they said they were to take the tentative off the schedule because it was a go. Glad I could help, I live 5 min away so I'm definitely going :rockwoot:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At the meeting they said they were to take the tentative off the schedule because it was a go. Glad I could help, I live 5 min away so I'm definitely going :rockwoot:

Cool! Look forward to meeting you. I'll be the guy in the grey Ruger hat that has no idea what he is doing. :):

Oh, and maybe you can answer the question I posed in my email. Whats the estimated round count for the match? Might be helpful to actually know how much ammo to bring without making my rear bumper drag...

Phoenix1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Greenwood
    Does anyone have an idea why this match doesn't show up on IDPA.org? I searched for matches in the area of Indianapolis and this weekends event does not come up.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Does anyone have an idea why this match doesn't show up on IDPA.org? I searched for matches in the area of Indianapolis and this weekends event does not come up.
    Probably for the same reason emails don't get returned and the calendar doesn't get updated... :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had a blast too. I achieved my goal of not DQing. Next step, Scoring decent and not forgetting to engage targets because I interrupted my flow. :dunno:

JWO, I was told they have been having trouble with emails. I meant to volunteer my services to assist in figuring out why to Randy but I forgot.

Top Bottom