• ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I have not yet shot an IDPA match.
    I have considered it in the past but a thread like this one comes along and changes my mind for me.
    As I have said many times,I shoot because I enjoy it.
    This no *****ing about the sport clause,kind of tells me all I need to know about how much fun it is.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    An as IDPA member I will say that my feelings would be hurt... If I had any.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Shoot whatever you want to shoot, have fun be safe

I can't even read the Oath without being DQ'd

And as much as I think James Yeager is a douche bag....

[video=youtube_share;eW8FTWX6QSo]http://youtu.be/eW8FTWX6QSo[/video]

Jesse Tischauser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Oklahoma
    IDPA Master or Bass Master?

lol! I want to see a thread with ten or twenty of these and see who gets them all correct.

I love anything that gets more guns out of the safe and into a match but dang it's hard to handle all of the goof ball rules IDPA comes up with in an attempt to force their shooting sport to be more tactical rather than just a fun game one can use to improve their shooting skills.

Heck even über tactical badass James Yeager doesn't buy into the IDPA tactics.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    At the last IDPA match I shot, one of my squadmates told me...and I quote, "You shoot so fast, I can't see how you enjoy it."

Now, many of you have seen me shoot. Shooting fast is not what I'm known for. Being a dick is what I'm known for...just thought I'd get that in before someone else did.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    At the last IDPA match I shot, one of my squadmates told me...and I quote, "You shoot so fast, I can't see how you enjoy it."

Now, many of you have seen me shoot. Shooting fast is not what I'm known for. dick is what I'm known for...just thought I'd get that in before someone else did.
    FIFY

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Everyone should be a little nicer to the IDPA crowd. They are shooters. We need to be united as shooters as we have enough enemies.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    FWIW, I had fun at the last IDPA match I went to.

It was probably a function of the cast of characters I was squadded with and not any inherent quality of the game in and of itself. Like most things, its what you make of it.

But I'll be damned if I sign an oath of nuthuggery as a condition of participation.

JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    This has been a good thread, full of LOLZ and info. Kinda like Doodie but not quite full strength the training wheeled version.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    USPS

Never have....just messing with you. I shot USPSA once...now I mostly just do tactical training, Force on force and **** like that. Competition will get you killed in the streets.

Wait a minute ! Isn't this the guy that just spent thousands building a full blown race gun and is determined to reach master ?

:):

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I've shot both USPSA and IDPA matches. I am not classified in either. I probably wouldn't qualify above sharpshooter if I did try to qualify. I also have not taken any force on force training. With all that being said I shot my first "matches" last year as a way to become more familiar with a new handgun, acquire better handgun skills, and have some fun with a firearm. A friend and I started shooting at the local ranges. Folks there, for the most part, were friendly and helpful. I made a number of mistakes. I managed to not get DQ'd which is probably the most amazing part of my participation. In IDPA and USPSA I did end up with procedurals. What I didn't obtain was any real shooting proficiency. Not as a result of the stage set ups, the rules, or the RO's. My lack of profiiciency is the lack of experience with a handgun and further lack of rounds downrange. Two items I will attempt to correct.

I don't see either IDPA or USPSA giving me any type of defensive pistol training. I see it as a game to be played and mastered to the best of my ability. If I want to learn defensive pistol skills I'll take the classes that will teach me that discipline. I believe to be a responsible handgun owner requires that proper and continous training be effected. Further, additional training will be required to become competent and confident in self defense situations. It would interesting to hear comments from folks about why they shoot competitive matches and/or take defensive handgun training.

Top Bottom