• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    What is everyone using for Speedloader holders for IDPA? I was going to use Safariland CD2 which is okay for USPSA but not IDPA. I plan on using Safariland comp 3 speed loaders. Seems like there is very little options out there. Thanks for the replies. Jim

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    At $35 each, Was hoping for something a little cheaper but may just go for it. Thought about making my own also. IDPA has made it tough for the revolver guys. Jim

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    IDPA has made it tough for the revolver guys. Jim

Not the first time. An S&W 625 with a 5 inch barrel was specifically listed in the rule book. After I bought one and had it tuned up, they changed the rules, out lawing the revolver THEY recommended. (After I tied up the better part of $9 large) How is a .45 caliber six shooter an unfair advantage over a 10 shot semi auto? I actually wrote a letter to IDPA, who of course did not respond.

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    I am using a model 66 smith K frame. I like K frame but the top dogs seem to like L frames.
    I got those speedloader pouches on ebay pretty cheap. There might be a way to saw a safariland 333 down to
    2 and 1 which would be a good choice. 2 in front of the holster one behind. Just a thought.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Not the first time. An S&W 625 with a 5 inch barrel was specifically listed in the rule book. After I bought one and had it tuned up, they changed the rules, out lawing the revolver THEY recommended. (After I tied up the better part of $9 large) How is a .45 caliber six shooter an unfair advantage over a 10 shot semi auto? I actually wrote a letter to IDPA, who of course did not respond.

Why didn't they allow the 625? Caliber? Barrel length?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Last I knew 4.25" was the max, shorter was ok.

Allmost correct; lenghth is actually 4.2" maximum, shorter is fine. I shoot either a 625 in ESR or a 66 in SSR an I believe my holders for the SSR are Blade-tech, I just looked but couldn't find a name on them. I have a single and a double and they work fine with the Safariland comp-3's. Jim.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have looked for the Bladetech with no luck. I think I can use a Uncle Mikes double Generic mag pouch that never really fit Magazines but it may work with speed loaders. Jim

Top Bottom