• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just sent the COFs for an IDPA COF, and a side match for March's match to the match directors for their approval. Let's hope the weather is nice and warm....and dry!!!!!

More details on the COFs to follow.

Date is Saturday, March 3rd. New shooter's meeting at 10:30, match starts at 11:00. Of course everyone is welcome to come out early and help set up.

For directions, click here.

Hope you can come out and shoot with us.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    You guys started without me!!! Hey Wesselman Woods in Evansville is having their yearly Maple Syrup festival on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone wants to join me I will be there at 7am. It is over at 10 so plenty of time to make it to the match. If we leave a little early we can still help setup a little before the match.

Wesselman Nature Society

Link to the Event page: Meet, Eat and IDPA match in Evansville 3-3-12 - INGunOwners

Maple Syrup festival? Are you serious? Is there ANYTHING southwestern Indiana culture won't use as a "festival" or "celebration"?:rolleyes:

On the other hand, your times should be great, seeing as how you'll be all sugared up:laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Maple Syrup festival? Are you serious? Is there ANYTHING southwestern Indiana culture won't use as a "festival" or "celebration"?:rolleyes:

On the other hand, your times should be great, seeing as how you'll be all sugared up:laugh:

:rockwoot:

Thats the plan! And life sucks in Evansville, we need all the festivals we can handle to keep us sane.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I just acquired a CMMG conversion kit for my AR, could I shoot the Carbine match with .22lr for real?

Sure you can- you'll just have to shoot in "Powder Puff" class instead of "Tactical Man" class:laugh:

If you do shoot it with a 22, you will have lost your right to make fun of my primer only loads. Do you really want to pay that price?:D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sure you can- you'll just have to shoot in "Powder Puff" class instead of "Tactical Man" class:laugh:

If you do shoot it with a 22, you will have lost your right to make fun of my primer only loads. Do you really want to pay that price?:D

Let's see... .02 a round vs .50 or get made fun of by TJ... Yeah I'll take the cheap ammo :laugh:

Plus I STILL shoot a manlier caliber than you with my 7.62x39 AK so there!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    You guys started without me!!! Hey Wesselman Woods in Evansville is having their yearly Maple Syrup festival on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone wants to join me I will be there at 7am. It is over at 10 so plenty of time to make it to the match. If we leave a little early we can still help setup a little before the match.

Wesselman Nature Society

Link to the Event page: Meet, Eat and IDPA match in Evansville 3-3-12 - INGunOwners

I think it's against the laws of nature for anyone to have to get up before sunrise. Sugared up or not.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Let's see... .02 a round vs .50 or get made fun of by TJ... Yeah I'll take the cheap ammo :laugh:

Plus I STILL shoot a manlier caliber than you with my 7.62x39 AK so there!

True dat! Now if you could only get that x39 to hit at 200. And by "hit", I mean the target:owned:Oh, wait, you was shooting 223 that day wasn't you:D

Not to worry though, I'm sure you'll best me in this one. I struggle with "pistol range" rifle courses whereas you and Jr seem to feel right at home with 0-25 yard targets. Just remember to triple tap that steel with your 22lr.:laugh:

YES! 3 weeks out and the smack talk has begun:rockwoot:

Edit: Question- when do you think you'll hit your sugar low?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    True dat! Now if you could only get that x39 to hit at 200. And by "hit", I mean the target:owned:Oh, wait, you was shooting 223 that day wasn't you:D

FIRST of all its "were you not" instead of the Kentuckian slang "wasn't you."

SECOND I was very disappointed in my performance and I really don't understand what happened other than I was tired and the 1.5 HOUR wait before we shot again got me all stoved up and I shoot like :poop: after too long of a wait. It will NOT happen again I promise!

Not to worry though, I'm sure you'll best me in this one. I struggle with "pistol range" rifle courses whereas you and Jr seem to feel right at home with 0-25 yard targets. Just remember to triple tap that steel with your 22lr.:laugh:

Oh yeah I plan on peppering the targets with cheap ammo so I won't really be saving any money by the end :):

YES! 3 weeks out and the smack talk has begun:rockwoot:

Edit: Question- when do you think you'll hit your sugar low?

I LIVE for IDPA smack talk!

I'm going to bring my lunch so I doubt I will have an issue...

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    FIRST of all its "were you not" instead of the Kentuckian slang "wasn't you."

SECOND I was very disappointed in my performance and I really don't understand what happened other than I was tired and the 1.5 HOUR wait before we shot again got me all stoved up and I shoot like :poop: after too long of a wait. It will NOT happen again I promise!

Oh yeah I plan on peppering the targets with cheap ammo so I won't really be saving any money by the end :):

I LIVE for IDPA smack talk!

I'm going to bring my lunch so I doubt I will have an issue...

See, Ben, that's why you don't come out ahead south of the Ohio. You don't have any natural KY windage and you don't speak our language.

I fear city life is near to ruining you, my friend. Between the Maple Syrup festivals and the grammar nazism, it's time to get out in the country where even guys with 4 degrees let loose on the grammar and we ain't afraid to post run on sentences. You, Tiff and Colt should spend some more time out here on Sundays, it will do you some good (and I have well over 200 yards for practice).:D

Let the 22 rip! Let's just make sure you're the last guy shooting so we don't have to use a whole strip of pasters when you're done:laugh:

And for the record, the wait was ridiculous and made tolerable only by Ben Fortin coming over to us, thus making "some" at the match drool. Next Owensboro multigun is in March- I'll post closer to time.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    And for the record, the wait was ridiculous and made tolerable only by Ben Fortin coming over to us, thus making "some" at the match drool. Next Owensboro multigun is in March- I'll post closer to time.

PRICELESS!!!! Everyone one was like "OMG do you KNOW who that IS??? Its BEN!!!"

Hell I thought they were talking about me but then I realized they didn't say "Zoo guy."

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    PRICELESS!!!! Everyone one was like "OMG do you KNOW who that IS??? Its BEN!!!"

Hell I thought they were talking about me but then I realized they didn't say "Zoo guy."

That was good. I wouldn't have known who Ben Fortin was, but I caught him on 3-gun nation or some such a few weeks before. It was somewhere out in Arkansas, I think, and you won't believe who his SO was on some courses......

Your favorite- Pete Laub:laugh::laugh:

I think you are far more famous than Fortin now. Shoot, I bet if you got in that line to register and pay up now you wouldn't be told to get lost:laugh:

Good times.

Top Bottom