• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    IDPA is defensive training, scores don't matter.

IDPA is a sport. I used to think along the same lines until I actually started yo get training. It is a great place to work on some skills (though some of the schools I have been to seriously preach against competitive shooting because of various reasons).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    IDPA is defensive training, scores don't matter.

IDPA is a sport. I used to think along the same lines until I actually started yo get training. It is a great place to work on some skills (though some of the schools I have been to seriously preach against competitive shooting because of various reasons).

cedartop's message was in purple to denote sarcasm.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

If it's a reputable school (no disrespect ment) it's probably because of one thing. Timers. I am a trainer within DOJ. A few years ago certian teams within DOJ got away from using timers. The main reason was when you get a group of Type A personalities together with a timer it became a game to see who can do it fastest. And basic fundamentals go out the window. (If you ain't cheating you ain't trying) We did that for a few years and slowly reincorperated timers back into it.

Another big time trainer Clint Smith refuses to use timers and he is one of the best trainers in the nation.

I recently got back into IDPA and simply do it as a fun thing. I'm not personally worried about the time or place. I'm just having a little fun. Some folks (some) that try to run schools and take them might be taking themselves a little too serious. Competition is good it's just not maybe a substitute for training but better than nothing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If it's a reputable school (no disrespect ment) it's probably because of one thing. Timers. I am a trainer within DOJ. A few years ago certian teams within DOJ got away from using timers. The main reason was when you get a group of Type A personalities together with a timer it became a game to see who can do it fastest. And basic fundamentals go out the window. (If you ain't cheating you ain't trying) We did that for a few years and slowly reincorperated timers back into it.

Another big time trainer Clint Smith refuses to use timers and he is one of the best trainers in the nation.

I recently got back into IDPA and simply do it as a fun thing. I'm not personally worried about the time or place. I'm just having a little fun. Some folks (some) that try to run schools and take them might be taking themselves a little too serious. Competition is good it's just not maybe a substitute for training but better than nothing.

Are you guys coming to Wildcat on Saturday for IDPA?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is my first time with IDPA. So far I've managed to DQ myself in dryfire everytime by tangling up my cover around/in my holster. Who decided belts were so important, anyway? I wanna wear my leggings and Ulticlips. Whine, whine. ;)

What kind of concealment garment will you wear? If you're going to wear a vest, put your car keys or a loaded mag in the lower pockets. That additional mass will help you get the vest out of the way. If you want some coaching on how to clear it so you can draw safely, I (or several of the others) can help you before the match in one of the safe areas.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    That is the big question. No vests, no button down shirts...lots of leggings and dresses. Lol.

So far I've done the best with a flowy tank top. The problem is I only have one belt. So I'm rockin half my competition belt with my OWB kydex holster. Which rides uncomfortably high, but until I can prove I can post up a worthwhile score in USPSA (or at least go back to work instead of limping around everywhere and can make some monies), that's where I'm at.
    I ordered a super mega top quality $8 "EDC" belt from Amazon today. I'm praying it shows up in time, it's thin enough for the Ulticlips, and then I can wear my IWB holster and all will be well. Well enough to be my usual safe and slow, at least. ;)
    I triple checked the rule book, and I can't get away with my garter holster. Sad. ;D
    All that said, I will definitely find you Sat morning if I'm still having trouble. Ultimately, I won't shoot if I can't figure out a safe option. But I'm sure this belt will do the trick.

Top Bottom