• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey, C:

I don't want to intrude on your privacy, but disabilities don't always eliminate you from shooting matches. When I was recovering my back surgery in 2002, I could barely stand and shot courses of fire with my cane at Wildcat Valley. The guys there were very understanding and helpful, and I would predict similar reception at NPCCC.

There have been shooters in wheelchairs in both IDPA and USPSA for years as well.

You may want to go and watch a match before you rule out participating yourself!

Are you a member Buck?
    I have sent two or three membership inquiry emails because of my disabilities I wouldn't be able to compete but would like to join for range access. Wanted to know if there were options for disabled to meet the service requirments. I have my two daughters that want to try competition and would be willing to pitch in also. No response from them and can't handle sitting through the monthly meetings lately. Does the membership committe have a phone number?

Thanks
    C

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'd like to take my X-5. It's the only one that I have more than 2 mags for that fit inside the gun. I can use the X-5 mags in the 226 but they stick out. They are both 9mms.

I have a bladetech holster for it as well. So my 3 X-5 mags and 2 226 mags give me a total of 5 for a match. I have no mag holders. Again, not looking for times just to get my feet wet. And meet a few people.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I just looked. My X-5 can't even be used. I'm in a rock and a hard place now. They only thing I can use is my 226 that I don't have enough mags for. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks again Rhino for the link.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Hey, C:

I don't want to intrude on your privacy, but disabilities don't always eliminate you from shooting matches. When I was recovering my back surgery in 2002, I could barely stand and shot courses of fire with my cane at Wildcat Valley. The guys there were very understanding and helpful, and I would predict similar reception at NPCCC.

There have been shooters in wheelchairs in both IDPA and USPSA for years as well.

You may want to go and watch a match before you rule out participating yourself!

Thanks for the info Rhino and everyone else. If I do get there Turn maybe I can let u run a matck with my 1911 Taurus depending on if I can get the gear needed in time. Still haven't decided on a new rig and mag carriers. Might just fobus paddle it for now. I always had decent luck with those for occasional carry. Unless the rules outlaw fobus.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Is there an area to spread a blanket so I could stretch the back out if it gets too bad? Can't sit at benches and lawn chairs or folding chairs n me aren't on speaking terms.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Is there an area to spread a blanket so I could stretch the back out if it gets too bad? Can't sit at benches and lawn chairs or folding chairs n me aren't on speaking terms.

There is a grassy area one could use. It would not offer much shade or a good view of the match.

Buckaroo

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just looked. My X-5 can't even be used. I'm in a rock and a hard place now. They only thing I can use is my 226 that I don't have enough mags for. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks again Rhino for the link.

You can get by with three mags for an IDPA match, so it sounds like you just need to get a couple more. You might be able to find 10rd mags dirt cheap, and those will do since that's all you can load anyway.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info Rhino and everyone else. If I do get there Turn maybe I can let u run a matck with my 1911 Taurus depending on if I can get the gear needed in time. Still haven't decided on a new rig and mag carriers. Might just fobus paddle it for now. I always had decent luck with those for occasional carry. Unless the rules outlaw fobus.

Fobus will work, sir. I've seen many at matches.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Fobus will work, sir. I've seen many at matches.

Thanks Rhino!

Hey Turn u have a PM from me.

I am not going to have gear in time. I am still going to try and get to this. Last night I couldn't sleep with the damm pain. Hopefully I can get to sleep early enough to be functional. How late does NPCCC matches usually run? Do you all think fathers day will bring out more or less shooters?

Thanks again!

C

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Match will run to at least 11am or 11:30 usually IIRC. I don't pay much attention to the time as I am enjoying myself :draw:

Buckaroo

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Turn, buck, etc. Looks like I am going to be making it out for the shoot to watch tomorrow. I would like to observe and get a feel for how it runs before I jump in myself. Looking forward to seeing some of the fine folks from this board there. I'll be SURE to be wearing my INGO hat for easy recognition. ;)

Greg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    D'OH! VUPDBlue isn't going to be happy!

I was still thinking of going, but it's Father's Day and my left knee has been hurting for last few days and I want to take it easy on it.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    The one time I ACTUALLY make it to one of these events and Rhino decides to NOT be there. Ya trying to tell me something Rhino? :laugh:

The G/f and I got there as they were doing the safety orientation. saw Turnandshoot as well as VUPDBlue, and Buckaroo. Talked to Turnandshoot and Buckaroo while watching buckaroo and his group run through the first of the three stages. While waiting for the second one to finish it got a bit too hot and the G/f and bugged out. Went and replaced an altenator in her mom's car. What a way to spend father's day huh? LOL I am planning on making it next Sunday back for the steel shoot. It will be interesting to see how it goes as well.

Greg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The one time I ACTUALLY make it to one of these events and Rhino decides to NOT be there. Ya trying to tell me something Rhino? :laugh:g

Maybe! Here are some possibilities:
    1. I feared your mad, crazy skills and I knew my delicate ego couldn't tolerate the loss at your hands, thus my craven choice to avoid the match at all costs!
    2. We both know your girlfriend would be attracted to me like an INGO member to a pointless argument, so I chose to stay away in order to help preserve your relationship.
    3. I really was there, but I was wearing my ninja suit and thus invisible to the untrained eye.
    4. I got sunburned playing 18 holes yesterday because my caddy forgot the bag she carries with my sunscreen. We decided it would be better if I spent the day with her moisturizing me rather than attend a shooting match.
    5. I'm an inmate/trustee in an Illinois prison who has internet access, so it's tough for me to get to shooting matches on short notice.

FieldShunt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can't believe I missed this thread. NPCCC is my club, and I was the match director today for the IDPA match.
    Too bad all you characters didn't identify yourselves so I could say hello.
    However, I admit to being kind of busy with setting up and all, and then SOing everybody through the "Secret House" blind stage.
    We had a largish turnout of 45 today, pretty strong for a Father's Day. I also should make mention that we had six stages today, not three. Not too many folks would be happy with only three, you know...
    We had the last shot at about 1:00pm, a trifle longer than usual, but with that blind stage and a couple of other minor complications, it did go a little long.
    Normally, we'd be done by noon or slightly later.
    As for sun protection, three of our four bays have very nice canopies for shade.
    There's matches every Sunday, plus first Saturday at NPCCC; first of the month is USPSA (I run that program), second is SASS cowboy, third is IDPA like today, and fourth is steel.
    First Saturday is our rimfire program, which is growing nicely under the current ammunition conditions, and we have a trapshoot at noon on first Sundays.
    I see the moniker "VUPD Blue" and it makes me think of Valparaiso University Police Department. Don't know if that's applicable, but one of our esteemed members is the just-retired chief of that PD. Small hook, there.
    Well, whomever of you all got there today, thanks for joining us. Hope you liked it.
    To those who think they need to take a look first before shooting one... pish-posh. Bring a gun and some gear and ammo. No time like the present and I can absolutely guarantee you'll be a better gunhandler once you do it. And, it's only ten bucks. So just do it.
    You can relax... a regular IDPA guy runs it next month, not this crazy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, another reason why I didn't attend is because I didn't prior authorization for entering BigPete, RePete, and Joe B's area of operations.

If you know them, ask them about how BigPete saw me at Bob Evans a couple of weeks ago in Clarksville, then came up behind me and snapped my suspenders. That's a mildly amusing story until you add one addition fact: I was still in my hotel room when this happened. :D

XD357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I live about 5 minutes south of the club (49&2) and have never been. Too bad I missed this thread,
    would have been cool to go check things out. I've been interested in idpa for a while now but have yet to go shoot a match.

Gotta go lose my virg!nity sometime soon, I'm missing out on way too much fun! :draw:

Matt

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I went and shot their fine IDPA match today. Unfortunately I only completed half of the stages due to a time constraint on my end. I enjoyed what the club had to offer, and this was my first and last IDPA shoot. Just not my cup-o-tea. If you like this sorta thing, NPCCC is a fine place to go to get your fix, though it is not to my liking. I like the 'games' better than what I experienced in the world of IDPA...

Top Bottom