• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Wow! The first match of the year - already! Red Brush Rifle Range, just east of Evansville, IN. Directions and web page: Red Brush Rifle Range

New shooters start at 10:30AM, match starts at 11:00AM.

There is a shotgun side match afterwards: 3 slugs and 11 bird shot #4, #6, #7 1/2, etc. Unlike the carbine matches, steel core slugs are welcome! AP's, no problem either! :laugh:

For those of you that use those silly Siagas, can they handle slugs? If not, I'll do something different for you. All others, we'll be shooting 3 slugs, then bird shot

Hope to see you all there!!!

So with that, let the bashing begin!!! :popcorn:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    We get to see the 'Giant Russian Hat' come with that Saiga, right? :yesway:

You know it! And since it's January I might even sport a trenchcoat to give me that "KGB" look:D

006-1.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Trench coat AND the GRH (Giant Russian Hat), that would be full of win!

I need to get in gear and get some slugs! I haven't shot a slug out of my 11-87 at all so I'd probably be well served to see what it actually does with one!

I ordered a new shell holder from Raven and I'm hoping that I get it before the January match. My lame shotshell holder on my Remington just doesn't quite get the job done!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Trench coat AND the GRH (Giant Russian Hat), that would be full of win!

I need to get in gear and get some slugs! I haven't shot a slug out of my 11-87 at all so I'd probably be well served to see what it actually does with one!

I ordered a new shell holder from Raven and I'm hoping that I get it before the January match. My lame shotshell holder on my Remington just doesn't quite get the job done!

Yes, and maybe some NEW ammo this time would help as well (or was that Mudcat):laugh:

Veterans of Redbrush IDPA, I heard or read somewhere that the cofs are cut in half in the winter months- is this true or will the cofs run as usual?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I had some issues there, too. I had loaded up some very old Winchester AA hulls and they just caused me fits. I tried to get one more time out of them and it was a disaster! I have a bunch of shotgun shells but had always liked reloading the Winchester hulls but since they went to a different design I don't like them as much as I used to. I have a bunch of Remington and some old Activ all plastic hulls that need to be used so I need to get my butt in gear!

Sometimes during the colder months they will maybe only have 4 or 5 courses of fire (with a reduced entry fee) unless it is just really nice out. they are mindful of soggy conditions and try to limit the amount of movement to prevent any possible issues with slipping. I hope that they keep it roughly the same in January and March(Steve and I are co-match directors for February).

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    You know it! And since it's January I might even sport a trenchcoat to give me that "KGB" look:D

Hey that gives me an idea for a COF!!!:rockwoot: Hey SBCMAN, with that Siaga, trench coat and GRH, can you lean to the left and then lean to the right as fast as one of our swingers? Just asking.....:welcome::laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hey that gives me an idea for a COF!!!:rockwoot: Hey SBCMAN, with that Siaga, trench coat and GRH, can you lean to the left and then lean to the right as fast as one of our swingers? Just asking.....:welcome::laugh:

:nono: Not me man. The closest I got to that business was the richocet from one bay over last match- too close for me:eek:.

I'm hurt you'd even suggest it:( What is it with you and the Saiga- or do you just hate all things Russian? Let me guess, the said cof would be titled "Turning the Cold War HOT!":laugh:

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Surely I won't have to work that weekend too! I am planning on being there! I say we put that hat on top of a RC car and have it part of a rabbit stage.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm gonna miss ya boys! I'm trying to find a couple IDPA or USPSA matches to shoot near Washington DC or Quantico. I've only found one so far and they limit the number of IDPA shooters to around 20. You have to submit your name and hope they call you. You know, we really run a nice operation at Redbrush thanks to it's strong membership. Pat yourself on the back tonight guys. Good job.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    What is it with you and the Saiga- or do you just hate all things Russian?
    Well, guess I have to admit it, it's gun envy :dunno: Sad part is that I can't name one US gun that is mag fed.

SMHurt - 20 shooters, eh....sounds like there won't be any Highpoints there, probabably nothing less than Wilson Combats! However, bet they still put Tupperware on the top of that list like DustyDawg, me and Brad do! :rockwoot: Yes I do think mine shoots perfect....it's just the guy behind it that needs some work!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I say we put that hat on top of a RC car and have it part of a rabbit stage.

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't walk around with it on my head then:D

near...Quantico...

:shady:CIA interview? CIA interrogation:dunno:

Well, guess I have to admit it, it's gun envy.
    Ah, I see now. You should get one. It would make a fine addition to your multi-optic AR, then you could run in multigun open class with me:ar15:

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Slugs...

Are we going to do any slug change overs, or are we just going to start with 1 slug in the chamber and 2 in the tube? I think that a slug change over or two would be good practice for a situation when confronted with a BG at a range pushing your buckshot loads.

Just my :twocents:,
    Parker

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    We'll be starting with zero, in the chamber, and capacity in the mag. There's a reason for this - we are starting from the truck!!!:rockwoot: I'll have three paper that I'll do best one shot on. Slugs are a little more expensive than regular ammo, so I'm just doing best shot. Then there will be some movement and a reload, transitioning to some head droppers. These will be engaged with bird shot (#4, #6, etc.) No slugs from this point on.

We have some targets coming from Bobcat Steel so maybe these will be in the next side match????:rockwoot:
    Hope this answers your question. If not, reply or PM your question(s).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I would slap a redo dot back on my pump if I didn't trash the mount... Me, slugs and a bead sight just don't seem to mix.

TJ, you going to run 2 (illegal) guns again this month? If not I may bring out the Kimber and stretch its legs.

With Quantico, CIA, KGB and whatever else we said in this thread already I wonder how many agencies are watching us right now? :rofl:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I would slap a redo dot back on my pump if I didn't trash the mount... Me, slugs and a bead sight just don't seem to mix.

Hopefully Steve doesn't have us trying to shoot out to 75 yards or anything crazy like that (I sure hope I didn't give him any ideas for the match now that I've said something)

I've got to get to the range and see how my shotgun does shooting slugs. I just bought my first 2 boxes of slugs in probably 20 years!

Top Bottom