• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I plan to shoot the new CCP class with my Carry. 8+1 is the Magazine capacity rule. The Shield has a 8 and 7 round magazine. I understand the rule that if you start with a 7+1 you have to finish with 7 rounds even in your 8 round mag. My question is about Extensions. The 8 rounder has a extended mag but has the adapter, is this this legal? Pictures 1,2,3 and I know picture 3 should be illegal but what about 2? I'm Sure Rhino or Mr. Whitesides or someone can answer the question. Thank Jim

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Mag extensions don't make a difference. If you are limited to 8+1, then that is the max. It doesn't matter if your mag will hold 9 or 10 or 50 rounds......8+1 is your limit.

I shoot CDP with my Para p14-45. My mags hold 14 rounds + 1 in the chamber for a max capacity of 15 rounds. But, CDP is limited to 8 rounds max in the mag....so that's your limit. Nice thing is with hi-cap mags.....I don't have to use a bunny mag to load 1 in the chamber then swap in a full mag. I just put 9 in the first mag, make ready, and I've got my 8+1 max without doing the stupid mag shuffle.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    CCP has a division capacity of 8 rounds.

If a magazine is used that holds less than division capacity, the shooter will load all magazines to
    the capacity of the lowest magazine throughout the match.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Also, if you're not asking about mag capacity .....but the extension itself being legal. Just ask yourself.......does your gun fit in the box when you have a magazine with the extension? If yes, then legal. If no, then not legal.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Also, if you're not asking about mag capacity .....but the extension itself being legal. Just ask yourself.......does your gun fit in the box when you have a magazine with the extension? If yes, then legal. If no, then not legal.

This is correct. In the new rule book, page 32, rule 8.2.4.1.5:

"The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IPDA gun test box . . ."

For the new CCP division, the box is 8-3/4" x 6" x 1-3/8". If your gun won't fit with the mag, it's a no go for CCP.

If it fits in the SSP or ESP box (which is 1/4" deeper at 1-5/8" deep), you could shoot it in those divisions.

I suspect that li'l Shield will fit in the CCP box with its longest magazine without any problems.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I don't have to use a bunny mag

Ha!

Do bunnies usually carry one loose round on them?? :)

barney-fife.jpg

I can't help w/ the original question as idpa rules give me a migraine.

-rvb

Top Bottom