• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    I want to try my hand at IDPA and USPSA competition shooting. My question concerns holsters and specifically holsters for a full size M&P 9mm. Is there a holster out there for this weapon that meets the criteria for both sanctions that does not break the bank?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What is your definition of breaking the bank? You could likely get by with a $20 Fobus if you had to, but there are far better options out there.

indycruzr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Since the holster rules for each are so different, you should probably look at the IDPA ruleset as a guide because it is more restrictive on holsters. With that said, I would point you in the direction of the Comp-Tac International as the primary choice.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Let's say in the range of $50 - $60

The International mentioned above is $75. It is IDPA legal without the drop offset installed, but comes with everything to convert to a DOH for USPSA. I know it's $15 over your budget, but IMO, it's well worth it. Will make a fine carry rig as well. Comes with both paddle and belt attachments, the holster, and a drop offset.

International Holster | Comp-Tac Victory Gear

I've used both this holster and the BladeTech equivalent, and I think the CompTac is the more solid of he two. The BladeTech also technically positions the grip too far away from your body to be USPSA legal unless you modify it, though I never performed well enough for anyone to question my equipment.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    As said before, Comp-Tac International. I shoot competitively twice a month at 2 different ranges and the single most widely used holster manufacturer is Comp-Tac and their International holster.

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I haven't used the Comp-Tac, but I have used a Blade-Tech for a Glock and a CZ SP-01 both with DOH and haven't had an issue. I think either will work well.

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I want to try my hand at IDPA and USPSA competition shooting. My question concerns holsters and specifically holsters for a full size M&P 9mm. Is there a holster out there for this weapon that meets the criteria for both sanctions that does not break the bank?

THE best bang for the buck is a Safariland 5197 - $28 bucks at Midway. (Vogel uses one for IDPA and USPSA)

Top Bottom