Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    From the IDS:

Ban gun bans

Decently written, and right to the point:

The fact is that our campus isn’t truly a gun-free zone. Anyone could bring a concealed weapon here. Gun bans can only make people safer if they are absolutely enforced. Gun bans are effective on airplanes because every person is thoroughly checked to make sure no one has a gun. Courtrooms, prisons and other facilities work the same way. If you can make sure that no one is armed, fine. Enact a gun ban. But if there is no way to ensure that weapons cannot be brought into an area, gun bans only leave people who care about the rules with no way to protect themselves.

Worth reading.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Hey, the IDS is the best paper in Bloomington. The H-T would never even think of allowing their readers to know that any pro-gun point of view existed.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hey, the IDS is the best paper in Bloomington. The H-T would never even think of allowing their readers to know that any pro-gun point of view existed.

Yeah, the H-T is too busy publishing the "how many people on your street have LTCH permits" data...

When I sent in my angry email about how that was unwise, they told me to get stuffed.
    :xmad:

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My daughter is an editor for the arts section in the IDS and She admired the one guy for having the intestinal fortitude to write that article right after one of the furthest left leaning "journalists" wrote a bunch of hearsay and called pretty much for a total gun ban. (which we all know is impossible)

Top Bottom