• HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    light, reliable, affordable

"feel" was further down my list.

I'm sure a Thunder Ranch 1911 would feel awesome... maybe someday I'll get to know that feeling.

samskxtreme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I personally think that a bersa is one of the best guns for the money made today. If you havent shot one, try it. I have a 380 with over 1000 rds of good and cheap ammo shot through it with not one jam or malfunction. I think I put about 200 throuh it in the first day!

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    glocks have a different grip angle than many guns... fit's some us, doesn't others.

This is the problem I have found with Glocks. In 1998 went to INDY 1500 with every intention of getting a Glock 21, had my mi9nd mad up. When I got there picked on up and immediately put it down. Picked it up several more times and again laid it down. It just feel right in my hand. Grip was so that trigger guard made my middle knuckle of my middle finger hurt while holding. I waled around looking at other 45's and picked up a Beretta 8045 Cougar which I still own.

Went to 1500 in January of this year looking for a sub compact 9mm for a carry gun. Looked at the Beretta P4X Storm sub really didn't like the feel. Looked at a Glock 26 and again it hurt my knuckle and was uncomfortable to hold. Looked at a Springfield XD9 Sub Compact and guess what the XD followed me home.

Glocks are nice guns and if they felt right in my hand I would probably own at least two by now. I have nothing bad to say about them. They are just not for me. :twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I personally think glocks are junk... no safeties and if you look at who glorifies them it kinda makes you sick.... little wanna be thugs

junk? Hmmm.... lots of national titles won with Glocks...

Dave_Sevigny.jpg

Jessie_Abbate.JPG

Bob_Vogel_09ProAm-DRTV_1.jpg

no safeties? or do you mean a manual external safety? MANY guns don't have an external manual safety.... Glocks have internal safeties.

As with EVERY OTHER GUN, keep this:

trigger_finger_2.jpg

off of the bang switch until you are ready to fire.

and as far as who glorifies them, lets start with:

300px-R._Lee_Glock.jpg

and finish with these:

INGunOwners - INGO Glockers

I would say your statement is a little ignorant, but you might take it personal. So I'll just assume you don't know much about Glocks and the people who shoot them in competition or rely on them as their daily carry gun.... I do both.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Lets see competition (glock) combat (Berretta) hmmm if glocks were so good would the army have picked up on them....

well, since I was SERVING during that time frame, I can tell you. Berretta under bid Glock. Had nothing to do with the firearms. And NONE of us preferred it over the 1911... that's for DAMN SURE!

and you don't go to combat with a pistol, you go with a RIFLE!

Glock is the AK of pistols... and I'd much rather fight with a Glock and AK.

HoosierPatriot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    well, since I was SERVING during that time frame, I can tell you. Berretta under bid Glock. Had nothing to do with the firearms. And NONE of us preferred it over the 1911... that's for DAMN SURE!

actually beretta didnt underbid glock the whole deal with at is Aviano Airbase... we wanted a new base in italy and if the us government picked up the 92fs we got a more favorable vote in italian government.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glocks are nice guns and if they felt right in my hand I would probably own at least two by now. I have nothing bad to say about them. They are just not for me. :twocents:

I hear ya, I was hell bent on buying an XDm last year until I picked one up... just didn't like the tall slide.

Glad we have so many to choose from, we can all find what fits us.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    actually beretta didnt underbid glock the whole deal with at is Aviano Airbase... we wanted a new base in italy and if the us government picked up the 92fs we got a more favorable vote in italian government.

yeah they did, there was an investigation into it. And I was wrong, it wasn't Glock, it was Sig if I remember right.

Sigs would have been MUCH better.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

Glock is the AK of pistols... and I'd much rather fight with a Glock and AK.

Yep,Sig and Berettas were the only 2 to make in the final trial. Sig performed better than the Beretta, but the Beretta was ultimately picked because parts were cheaper for it. And yes, Sigs would have been much better. As for Glocks, I sold mine yesterday and going to buy either another Sig or another USP.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yep,Sig and Berettas were the only 2 to make in the final trial. Sig performed better than the Beretta, but the Beretta was ultimately picked because parts were cheaper for it. And yes, Sigs would have been much better. As for Glocks, I sold mine yesterday and going to buy either another Sig or another USP.

I like both HK's and Sig's, they are just up in the next higher price bracket. Darn good guns though.

I think the US Military should be carrying AMERICAN made firearms.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I agree with THAT 100%!!! I think it's idiotic for the US military to rely on a foreign supplier for ANY major component.

Well, technically the M9 is American made so we are not relying on Beretta to provide parts for it. And also the M240B and M249 are both Belgium (FN Herstal), so we just have the rights to manufacture them here.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I like my glock 35, my XD9 Tactical, my 1911s (even the wide body Para). I shoot all of them well. I shoot the XD the best. I'll shoot the glock better when I finish working it over. Sights may be all I do. If I were to pick a gun I shoot the best it would be the XD9. Wish I could say that about the 1911s.

Baldmax - I agree, Helicopters don't fly unless the beat some air.

Top Bottom