• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Sitting here looking at the ever growing crack in my TV. I wonder if anyone else has any "Bad Luck" stories like mine:

Back in June the wife and I sold our outdated TV and went and purchased a new one. We got a 60" LG Plasma from ABC. The manager gave us a great deal on top of the sale price so I couldnt pass it up. Got it home, set it up and enjoyed it... for a whopping two days. Our, then not quite 2 year old daughter decided to bump over a lamp, not the little table ones but the tall ones with a heavy glass bowl on it. It fell and chipped the edge of the TV. The next morning two 3 inch cracks started their way across my TV.

At least it was awesome for two days. Anyone else? :popcorn:

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    well i just got in the neon my dad is letting me borrow for the summer and it has a wheel locked up. im 200 miles from home, i have no tools, and im awaiting the shop behind my house to open up so they can do a break job on it. im supposed to be at work now. thank god i get vacation time as an intern!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Oh man... As bad as a brand new expensive TV being broken... I really feel for you, burnsurvivor.

Seems that only "house issues" are the only ones worse than car troubles. (save health & safety of people, of course)

OP, for a new TV, try craigslist? Perhaps get one on the cheap? pawn shop? If the TV is that expensive, a homeowners insurance claim? That'd be more trouble than it's worth in the long run, though.

-J-

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Oh man. I've lost keys at gun shows 200 miles from home. I swear I lose a pocket knife every 3 weeks, flashlights every week. Had my alternator take a dump on my while driving to sell a gun. I could go on and on. I cashed all my luck out in Iraq.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Lots of things that at the time make it seem like the earth is coming to an end, but when it was all over, nothing that we didn't weather just fine.

Spring 2008 diagnosed with cancer

Summer 2008 cancer treatment with radioactive iodine "Jenn, do NOT get pregnant during this time." Less than 2 weeks after ingesting the nasty stuff, you guessed it. Nine more months of anxiety wondering if the little guy came through okay (he did!)

Ten days after bringing the miracle boy home, the only vehicle we own capable of carrying more than 2 people comfortably (there are now four in our family), my suburban, spontaneously combusts in the driveway. Totaled.

P1000001.jpg

P1000998.jpg

P1020005.jpg

Spent the next year trying to figure out why the basement kept flooding. Turns out the main sewer line was blocked by roots. SO last spring we had to demolish our front steps because the line out of the house was directly under them.

Something big must be about to happen because we've had a relatively quiet time since then. But as bad as it all seems when we're in the thick of it, I always remind myself that it could be so much worse. Perspective helps.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I feel your pain!
    Had guys out this week to dig footers for my new garage.
    And before they could be poured, the storms hit and washes the sides out. Now they have to be pumped and formed or filled, tamped and re-excavated.
    Either way it's gonna cost me more $$$. At this point, don't know what we are going to do. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Lots of things that at the time make it seem like the earth is coming to an end, but when it was all over, nothing that we didn't weather just fine.

Spring 2008 diagnosed with cancer

Summer 2008 cancer treatment with radioactive iodine "Jenn, do NOT get pregnant during this time." Less than 2 weeks after ingesting the nasty stuff, you guessed it. Nine more months of anxiety wondering if the little guy came through okay (he did!)

Condoms :)

But man oh man glad everything worked out and the kid is doing fine.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Dig out below the frost line and make your footer wider.

It was supposed to be monolithic with 12" walls. Now they are 24" in some places. Enough so that the extra cost in concrete is prohibitive. Don't know which way to go. My wiggle room money on this project is almost gone.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can almost guarantee plywood will be a lot cheaper than back filling, pouring a footer, and then back filling again. Good luck to you, hope things go smoother.

Top Bottom