• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    So just thought I would through this out there. What does everyone think is going to happen if Obama gets re-elected for a second term. I personally think that we will see an enormous rush on anything weapons related, becuase of the fear of new legislation since Obama won't have to worry about public opinion anymore, not that he does now.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Well, the Republican aren't going to lie down and give up, so I think your weapons are safe more or less. Since Obamacare will definitely not be repealed, we all actually start to learn what was actually in that bill (much of which will kick in during the 2nd term). We may see our economy tank, which may be the whole end game for those of Obama's ranks. I believe they want to see capitalism replaced and when better to do this when capitalism "fails."

But, I'm just not going to worry about it.
    whatever will be will be

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So just thought I would through this out there. What does everyone think is going to happen if Obama gets re-elected for a second term. I personally think that we will see an enormous rush on anything weapons related, becuase of the fear of new legislation since Obama won't have to worry about public opinion anymore, not that he does now.

You do realize that Obama has actually expanded gun freedoms right? Romney is worse on guns than Obama. I don't know why people can't wrap they're head around that one.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I wonder how hard Canadian would be to learn?

Just throw sorry and eh into every sentence and you've got it. Also talk about clubbing baby seals, your pet moose, and fornicating with polar bears. Even a native Canadian citizen would think you're one of them.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You do realize that Obama has actually expanded gun freedoms right? Romney is worse on guns than Obama. I don't know why people can't wrap they're head around that one.

I wouldn't consider boosting the business of firearms and firearms related businesses an expansion of firearms freedoms. How has he done this?

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't consider boosting the business of firearms and firearms related businesses an expansion of firearms freedoms. How has he done this?

1) Signed a bill to allow firearms on Amtrack trains
    2) Signed a bill to allow firearms in national parks

Not to mention he hasn't tried to renew the assault weapons ban or create national gun licensing.
    As opposed to Romney, who has actually led a charge to ban assault weapons.

If you looked at these two on paper with no names or other issues attached, I bet you'd be voting for Obama.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I wonder how hard Canadian would be to learn?

Depends on what part of Canada, as long as you stay out of the girly french part the this vvvvvvv is good eh!

Just throw sorry and eh into every sentence and you've got it. Also talk about clubbing baby seals, your pet moose, and fornicating with polar bears. Even a native Canadian citizen would think you're one of them.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

Apparently possessives and contractions didn't sink in for you; perhaps those people have similar problems with history and politics.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    1) Signed a bill to allow firearms on Amtrack trains

Of this, I was not aware. Was it passed the same way the Parks language passed?

2) Signed a bill to allow firearms in national parks
    By virtue of it being in a bill for credit card legislation. It's a bit disingenuous to suggest that he supported it just because some legislator was smart enough to attach it to a bill he knew Obama would sign.

Though technically correct, it hardly solidifies your position that Obama is not a threat because two whole pieces of legislation that standing alone I am most supremely confident he would have red-penned right into the round file.

Not to mention he hasn't tried to renew the assault weapons ban or create national gun licensing.
    He wants to be re-elected. Duh! I don't sleep with every hot young pool boy that comes along but that doesn't mean the desire isn't there. It simply means the consequences outweigh the benefits.

Of course, he has tried to ban target practice on federal lands. And his administration has succeeded in illegally transferring firearms to foreign nationals, instituted a ban on "historic" rifle imports, and does support the UN Small Arms Treaty.

His administration is also responsible for instituting new rules on the sales of "high power" rifled and nominated Traver to head the ATF. Traver supports gun bans.

What's the count now?

As opposed to Romney, who has actually led a charge to ban assault weapons.

And yet during that same term, he extended the term of firearms licenses from four to six years, reinstated a 90-day grace period for license renewal, and signed a law providing free replacement licenses. Yeah, he hates firearms and firearms owners.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson

You are kidding, right?

Obama: We're Working on Gun Control 'Under the Radar' - Guns - Fox Nation
    Obama: “I’m working on gun control under the radar” :: Northern Colorado Gazette

Just because he hasn't been able to get by with it yet doesn't mean he isn't planning on coming down hard once he no longer has to worry about re-election!
    I don't know why you can't wrap your head around that!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There is an inevitable reality that is going to come to pass whether Romney or Obama gets elected. Too little has been done, too late to change it. We've been waiting around for the Establishment to save us from their own policies.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    To be honest, I wont cry if he does get re-elected.

Romney is just as bad, and I have a few guns to sell.

Would not mind selling at tippy top prices one bit.

Top Bottom