• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    What damage could he do if there was no specter of worry about another term.

If this guy can legislate like he has via regulation and executive fiat facing the prospect of re-election, imagine what he will do as a lame duck.

It's frightening to consider what he would do once he's been shunned by the electorate. I believe he already disdains America. What would it look like if he hated us?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    What damage could he do if there was no specter of worry about another term.

About the same amount of damage, or maybe even less damage, than anyone else who was elected would do, except Ron Paul. Or possibly Rand Paul, if a write-in campaign is successful, and who knows, it might be successful.

Write-in campaigns have only failed because people think they'll fail.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If he hated us?

I think if he continued "to rule" for another 4 years using the same tactics, the gridlocked Congress will go after him and try for impeachment, thus ensuring total gridlock.

Having a neutral to negative overall affect on where we are right now. The wins would come at the State level.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Considering how lame duck he was with a Democrat majority in every level of Federal Government for two years except the judiciary (and with the exception of that obamacare bill), I wouldn't worry about his lame duck session with Democrat congressmen scrambling to keep their jobs out of fear of private sector work showing just how useless they are.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    So between election day and January 20, I believe he can still issue executive orders. However, his successor would be able to cancel them. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Top Bottom