• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    They'd still need a LTCH (here in Indiana).

I understand and agree with you but the BG doesn't care about the law.

I guess what I am saying, right now is if you see someone OC you can pretty much believe they are legal or they wouldn't do it. But if it became common it would be hard to tell the legal carrier from the illegal.

Don't anyone get me wrong here. I am in favor of OC CC or whatever you want to do. Just food for thought.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    If you are OC'ing correctly, no one should know you are carrying anyway. I think Mr. Criminal would still conceal for the element of surprise and to keep from being randomly interrogated by some nosy cop.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I understand and agree with you but the BG doesn't care about the law.

Although the BG doesn't care about the law, I'm sure he still wouldn't want to get caught obviously breaking it.

Regardless of the popularity of OC, I think BGs would still attempt to conceal their crimes. :twocents:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Just curious... if OC became common would BG"S start OC because no one questions them?

If every citizen who could get a LTCH would get one and then OC, the margins in the bad guy business would shrink considerably.

If that happened, common street thugs would be pushed to move on to more complicated criminal enterprise like intellectual property law and tax collecting.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    If every citizen who could get a LTCH would get one and then OC, the margins in the bad guy business would shrink considerably.

If that happened, common street thugs would be pushed to move on to more complicated criminal enterprise like intellectual property law and tax collecting.

I like that.:laugh:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana

I hate running into tax collectors in dark alleys. :ar15:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Absolutely not....they would just move to Illinois:D

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If you are OC'ing correctly, no one should know you are carrying anyway. I think Mr. Criminal would still conceal for the element of surprise and to keep from being randomly interrogated by some nosy cop.
    Am I reading this incorrectly or just missing something. If you OC, everyone can see you are carrying right?:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Haven't you heard? If everyone was to OC, there would be mayhem. It would be the old West all over again.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Oops, crap, meant to put if you are CC'ing correctly. I guess I should proof-read a little closer before hitting submit.

I think what he is actually trying to say is that a true OC'er has mind control over others as well and will convince everyone around them that they do not see a gun.

Does anyone know what percentage of Hoosiers have their LTCH?

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Keep in mind that in the older days it used to be improper to conceal. Criminals will always try to keep from drawing attention to themselves, and for them, the element of surprise really does apply. If you perceive them as an unarmed threat, they have a leg up on you.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think criminals would do whatever they thought to give them the upper hand. Al be it some are not as smart as others, but its the ones that dont get caught that you have to worry about

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That wouldnt change anything for me if BGs start to OC because everybody is doing it.
    I assume that everybody I see in the street is armed since everybody can CC (legally or not), if the person OC I still dont assume that he's a "good guy" (even BGs can OC without a LTCH) and even if he has a LTCH and OC legally that still doesnt mean he's a "good guy" (that just means he has never been convicted for a violent crime not that he never committed a crime).
    So unless proven otherwise, everybody that I see in the street is a potential armed threat.

Top Bottom