If President Barrack Obama knocked on your door ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If President Barrack Obama knocked on my door ...

• Total voters

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    For those that stated that they would turn Obama away, what president would you entertain? You'd pretty much have to go circa-18th century to find a president that, based on people's reasonings for excluding Obama, would be welcome into your home.

So, I am to believe that you guys wouldn't have allowed a sitting president from within the past 200+ years into your homes?

Shenanigans.

You really opened yourself up on this one! First and foremost, remember Obama's 'punish our enemies' speech. Since it is very clear that I fall under his definition of 'enemy', he is the only president in history to declare me an enemy. That alone sets him apart. Not even Bill Clinton, disparate as our political beliefs are, stooped to such a low.

Second, no president in our history has apologized to the world for what amounts to our success largely built on sacrifice made by few in the world. Just for that, I would tell him to go f**k himself. Again, neither Jimmy Carter nor Bill Clinton, my second- and third-least favorite presidents have done such a thing. Jimmy has come close, but to the best of my knowledge has not crossed the line here.

Third, he has damaged the unity of the people of the nation in a way never seen this side of reconstruction, deliberately ripping apart the largely mended fabric of our society for political gain.

Fourth, never before in our history has a president told the leader of a nation which is at least semi-hostile to us 'be patient, I will have more leeway [to sell out my own country] after I win the upcoming election".

Fifth, never before in our history has a president ignored teh law and engaged in what is tantamount to larceny in form of nullifying the holdings of secured investors and giving those holdings to the holders of unsecured debts as done in the Chrysler and GM bankruptcies with the effect not only of the immediate theft, but also chilling what willingness there may have been to invest in anything that may produce jobs on account of not being able to rely on the protections afforded by the bankruptcy law.

Sixth, never before in our history has a president managed to ram through legislation that stands as the largest power grab in history putting the government in direct control of one of the biggest elements in the lives of most people (i.e., health care).

Seventh, never before in our history has a person of questionable eligibility held the presidency in spite of thumbing his nose at the notion of accountability on the subject.

Now, tell me again how the Kenyan is no different from most previous presidents.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I can only hope that B.O. never comes to my door. Not only would the overwhelming disgust of having to endure his presence in person cause me to violently vomit, but I would feel a great need to become a martyr to save our nation.

(Can you tell I dislike him intensely?)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I can only hope that B.O. never comes to my door. Not only would the overwhelming disgust of having to endure his presence in person cause me to violently vomit, but I would feel a great need to become a martyr to save our nation.

(Can you tell I dislike him intensely?)

Just remember the order of the presidential line of succession.

It certainly could get worse.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Is answer my door the way I always do, with a 12 ga. In my hand.............
    .............in my underwear with last nights half smoked stogie in my mouth and an empty beer bottle in my hand. I rarely smoke a good stogie and rarely drink beer but I keep all 3 by the front door for effect.

I would never pass up an opportunity to FTF interview someone. I have those skills. That is why the Iranians love to talk to anyone who will sit down with them FTF, it tells them ****loads about their enemy.

PS we also have a mirror near our front door, if I can't see his image in it, that is a big game changer right there.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I was in the military, there were sergeants that I thought were idiots. One proved me right by bringing water to us in the field, but in diesel canisters. He told us to skim the diesel off the top and drink the water. Shortly thereafter he was relieved. UNTIL THAT POINT he was still the platoon sergeant and due the respect that goes with that position.

I would treat the commander in chief with the respect the position deserves, regardless of what I think of the person in the office.

Besides that, you can't influence people you refuse to interact with. Did Jesus say "screw you sinner, get out of here" or did he engage, explain, extoll, and attempt to influence? If you say "screw off, hippie", how many converts do you get to gun owner's rights instead of gun control?

Frankly, the division among us that the politicians and media try to promote is disgusting. Keep us at each other's throats and we won't watch them too close, plus it sells.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Actually the BIG "J" did talk to the scribes an pharisee's...they wouldn't change just like the LITTLE "O" hasn't an won't change his ideology. Keep reading an you will see where the BIG "J" rebuked the scribes an pharisee's, calling them "sons of serpants" to their faces. Many read, but can't interpet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    When I was in the military, there were sergeants that I thought were idiots. One proved me right by bringing water to us in the field, but in diesel canisters. He told us to skim the diesel off the top and drink the water. Shortly thereafter he was relieved. UNTIL THAT POINT he was still the platoon sergeant and due the respect that goes with that position.

I would treat the commander in chief with the respect the position deserves, regardless of what I think of the person in the office.

Besides that, you can't influence people you refuse to interact with. Did Jesus say "screw you sinner, get out of here" or did he engage, explain, extoll, and attempt to influence? If you say "screw off, hippie", how many converts do you get to gun owner's rights instead of gun control?

Actually the BIG "J" did talk to the scribes an pharisee's...they wouldn't change just like the LITTLE "O" hasn't an won't change his ideology. Keep reading an you will see where the BIG "J" rebuked the scribes an pharisee's, calling them "sons of serpants" to their faces. Many read, but can't interpet.

Huh, I would have interpreted the Republicans as pharisees who would not change and "LITTLE 'O'" as just an ordinary Roman.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Frankly, the division among us that the politicians and media try to promote is disgusting. Keep us at each other's throats and we won't watch them too close, plus it sells.

Go try using kindness, patience, and reason with leftists, especially on their own turf and then tell us how that works out for you. Been there, seen that, walked away shaking my head.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I respect the office of president and would be honored even though I do not share his beliefs or policies.

Next I ask for some funding for a new green energy idea I had - 10,000,000,000 would be enough to create 10 jobs

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I have to agree with this. Although I did not vote for him, I would still treat him with respect.

I would probably be coldly polite, but the respect has to be reciprocal......and for a president that has stated much upon the subject of civility, he's gone out of his way to uncivil.

Top Bottom