• Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    Then we must be the "sheeple dogs "....

when the wolves are howling will you stand your ground amongst the innocent lambs and ewes?
    bearing your teeth against evil
    sheilding them from those that wish to destroy them
    We are not the leaders or the shepherds.
    We blend into the flock. But are not the flock.
    I am one, are you?

Just a thought :sheep::sheep::sheep::koolaid:

I like the analogy ....kinda puts things on perspective.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The koolaid is ready, the koolaid is ready.
    Some will stand, some will run, some will stay hidden. Not as poetic but it is a truth.
    I do not want to lead but will add to the process with my skills and knowledge. I will protect those I love and those who get scooped up along the way. Hard to say no when children are involved. They are innocent in such things. They are my weakness.

Chance favors the prepared mind...................or something like that

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is truly a balance. I would like to be as helpful to others as possible, but also recognize that the attempt to protect the stupid from themselves and/or the consequences of their own choices and lack of diligence is a fool's errand. In practice, it would involve a string of tough calls.

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    It is truly a balance. I would like to be as helpful to others as possible, but also recognize that the attempt to protect the stupid from themselves and/or the consequences of their own choices and lack of diligence is a fool's errand. In practice, it would involve a string of tough calls.

I think you missed what I said .....
    I'm not talking about protecting anyone outside of your flock.
    That would be something everyone would have to deal with.
    I just want to know who is the real sheepdogs, and who among them is laying on the porch sleeping and who is standing guard.

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    The koolaid is ready, the koolaid is ready.
    Some will stand, some will run, some will stay hidden. Not as poetic but it is a truth.
    I do not want to lead but will add to the process with my skills and knowledge. I will protect those I love and those who get scooped up along the way. Hard to say no when children are involved. They are innocent in such things. They are my weakness.

Chance favors the prepared mind...................or something like that
    Poetic? Should that have been in purple? Lol

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I will try to help anyone who is willing to help themselves up to a point. That point being where it becomes a problem for me and mine.

If someone thinks that they are entitled to my help or supplies just because they failed to prepare and now they need them, sorry about your luck. My flock will not suffer because of your ineptitude.

The writing is on the wall for all to see. Whether or not you choose to read it is up to you.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I will try to help anyone who is willing to help themselves up to a point. That point being where it becomes a problem for me and mine.

If someone thinks that they are entitled to my help or supplies just because they failed to prepare and now they need them, sorry about your luck. My flock will not suffer because of your ineptitude.

The writing is on the wall for all to see. Whether or not you choose to read it is up to you.

C'mon you should be willing to suffer equally compared to the guys who decided to buy a twenty rifles he has little use for or even better the people who spend $100 on a shirt and $150 on jeans instead of preparing. Everyone can prepare to a degree and that can differ by budget but there is no real excuse to not have at least a month of food with places like Aldi and Costco.:twocents:

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    C'mon you should be willing to suffer equally compared to the guys who decided to buy a twenty rifles he has little use for or even better the people who spend $100 on a shirt and $150 on jeans instead of preparing. Everyone can prepare to a degree and that can differ by budget but there is no real excuse to not have at least a month of food with places like Aldi and Costco.:twocents:

is that first part supposed to be purple?.. i have little ones and parents and myself to worry about. not my fault if you cant prep for yourself!

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    :rockwoot:

AMEN!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    is that first part supposed to be purple?.. i have little ones and parents and myself to worry about. not my fault if you cant prep for yourself!

IMHO, this is part of what got us into the societal mess we are in now. I thank God for neighbors who are friends with whom I can count on and who can count on me. We have become too focused on "what is mine" and protecting "mine" that society and our youth have grown up self-centered to a point of not caring what happens outside their little corner of the world. :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Poetic? Should that have been in purple? Lol

Actually, your OP was a bit poetic. My response was not so but stated my feelings at the time. When I see people who do not take care of the children let along prepare for them I see all shades of purple, red etc.
    My weakness in the sheeple theory would be the kids. Adults are on their own for the most part. I will extend a hand as far as possible until it gets bitten or smacked. Too many mistake my kindness for weakness.

In response to goinggreyfast, I see our social down turn coming from the large portion of society that are takers and not providers. The very people our coward and thief is attempting to buy their votes through more tax funded give away programs. They sit, they wait, and we provide. Not all of society but enough to keep these freaks in office. What you say has merit. In a disaster the best in all of us comes out. To bad we have to wait for such things to see it. JMHO

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What you say has merit. In a disaster the best in all of us comes out. To bad we have to wait for such things to see it. JMHO

AGREED! The only thing I would add to that would be that because of our societal breakdown, disaster is starting to bring out the worst in way too many people because of self-centeredness and the lack of morality we as a society have experienced that began in the early 60's.

To quote you "JMHO" ;)

Top Bottom