If you can't pass the Dream Act don't worry.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    This administration will do anything to stay in power. If they can stay in long enough to put one more justice on the supreme court they will have a choke hold on the people and all our rights will go down the toilet. It's all about the power.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid praised the decision.*

"This new DHS directive will help prioritize our limited enforcement resources to focus on serious felons, gang members and individuals who are a national security threat rather than college students and veterans who have risked their lives for our country," Reid said in a statement. "I am especially pleased about the impact these new policies will have on those who would benefit from the DREAM Act. ... We lose a lot by sending them back to countries they do not know."*

Limited???? BWAAAAAHAHHHHAAAA that's a good one. Stop buying guns for the cartels, stop funding court appeals for illegals, stop giving welfare and medical benefits to illegals, stop funding their schooling, stop wasting the taxpayers' time and hard earned money on Congressional fact finding junkets, stop forcing businesses to shut down because of unnessessary regulation, stop wasting money fighting the War on Terror and the War on Drugs.

These are just a few suggestions, I'm sure there are many many more. I'm pretty certain that the US would have ample resources to secure our borders of even a few of them were followed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I guess illegally entering the U.S. is no longer a crime? So illegals have to be caught committing a crime that threatens our national security to be illegal?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    How much more resource intensive is it to say, "You're here illegally. We're going to deport you." vs. "You're here illegally. We're going to spend some time and limited resources determining if you should be deported based on additional illegal acts that will be measured and have to be proven in a court of law, if they haven't already been."

Seems to me the first statement would be the cheapest and the right thing to do anyway. Or maybe we're trying to save on transportation costs, given the price of gas and jet fuel.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    From what I've read, there are 300,000 pending deportation cases. While there's a DREAM act aspect, the overall objective is to process the high profile cases first. Maybe I'm missing something, but the only "amnesty" I see in this is a temporary reprieve while they fry the bigger fish. Don't misunderstand, I'd like to throw them all out, but given the workload getting the "bad" ones out first sounds like a good idea.

Heck, there are 10M illegals here, and this is the first real effort I've seen to remove any of them.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    From what I've read, there are 300,000 pending deportation cases. While there's a DREAM act aspect, the overall objective is to process the high profile cases first. Maybe I'm missing something, but the only "amnesty" I see in this is a temporary reprieve while they fry the bigger fish. Don't misunderstand, I'd like to throw them all out, but given the workload getting the "bad" ones out first sounds like a good idea.

Heck, there are 10M illegals here, and this is the first real effort I've seen to remove any of them.

From the OP's link:
    Under the plan, DHS and the Department of Justice will review all cases in removal proceedings as well as any new cases to make sure those who are deported meet the kind of criteria established in a June 17 agency memo.
    The memo from Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director John Morton instructed staff to consider 19 factors when exercising "prosecutorial discretion" -- or the discretion an ICE attorney has in deciding whether and how to pursue an immigration case. The list includes factors similar to those in the DREAM Act, like whether someone arrived in the U.S. as a "young child," is pursuing an education or has served in the military.

Emphasis is mine.

I read it as a reason to deport even fewer illegals.

That seems to be the consensus based on the reaction of both sides of the argument.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/18/new-dhs-rules-cancel-deportations/

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As long as illegals represent an opportunity to make money and gain power you can bet the dc two step will keep them coming in like a flood.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    So THAT'S how it works. Congress refuses to pass the law you want so you just do what you want anyway.

It's good to be the king.

This was my exact take on this as soon as I heard about it.:xmad: Just another reason the first priority HAS to be Obama sent back to Chicago in November 2012. It is pointless to try to correct anything while he is still in office. Even if the Democrats lost the Senate, Obama and his thugs will simply do whatever they want.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't seem to remember the republicans doing anything about immigration while they were in control. Neither did the democrats. Seems like none of them want to touch the issue. Obama is just addressing things that congress has left untouched, using his executive privilege. It's within his power to do so. At least he's doing something and not leaving the matter in limbo.

Bitter Clinger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Florida
    This administration will do anything to stay in power. If they can stay in long enough to put one more justice on the supreme court they will have a choke hold on the people and all our rights will go down the toilet. It's all about the power.

Pray that Justices Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and Kennedy stay healthy long enough to evict Obongo from the White House.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Limited???? BWAAAAAHAHHHHAAAA that's a good one. Stop buying guns for the cartels, stop funding court appeals for illegals, stop giving welfare and medical benefits to illegals, stop funding their schooling, stop wasting the taxpayers' time and hard earned money on Congressional fact finding junkets, stop forcing businesses to shut down because of unnessessary regulation, stop wasting money fighting the War on Terror and the War on Drugs.

These are just a few suggestions, I'm sure there are many many more. I'm pretty certain that the US would have ample resources to secure our borders of even a few of them were followed.

They are limited. You can still leave your house can't you? they won't be happy till every single person lives in some level of .gov housing and just works for the state to get their of food ration.

Top Bottom