If you could move anywhere you wanted...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I have a lot of research to do before I figure this out. Not sure where exactly it would be. What I am sure of is that it would have a lot to do with the local taxes and of course how 2A friendly the state is. I also know there are certain resources I want available, like enough game to survive if necessary, a good solid stream capable of being used for hydro-electric power, and of course a nice area to set up a proper range!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I spent the night the Ashland when I was doing a multi-day solo kayak island hopping around the Apostle Islands. It was an interesting place.

Lived in Knoxville (and Maryville) for 10 years. I LOVED all of the mountains, bluegrass music and available whitewater. Still, I wouldn't raise kids there for anything.

Anywhere? My gut tells me Asheville, NC. The same mountains and climate as Knoxville but without the busybody-wannebeyuppie-EastTennesseans.

Actually, I'm thinking somewhere in the desert Southwest suits me well. Arizona, maybe.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife would vote the South West (Santa Fe area, for instance). I don't think I would mind. If money/income wasn't an issue, then I think the foothills of Appalachia would be nice. I could compromise on southern Colorado (near Utah/NM).

In any case: no big cities, low taxes, lots of room, and decent weather.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Flagstaff area of Arizona is our goal. Still have the four seasons, lots of snow, but no sub-freezing temps like northern Indiana. In April, you can wake up to a foot of snow but it is gone by noon. Nice dry 85 deg temps in summer

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can't believe I'm not seeing down town Baltimore on this list?

A good job waiting on all these highly skilled motivated workers and responsible dog owner? The dream life of expensive cars, trucks, fancy houses and cement ponds out back they've dreamed of all their life from jobs they barely have to show up for. With every one there slurping their lunch from a paper bag and doing their jobs from a lawn chair it will be easy for the genius crew on this board to look like a star!

General Motors to hire 200 at Baltimore transmission plant - Baltimore Business Journal

You should be CEO in a couple weeks kiddo!

Top Bottom