• What have you seen in deer numbers where you hunt

• Total voters

rooster3654

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox County
    I hunt in Owen county and It seems to me like the population hasn't really changed there over the last three years. I saw a lot of deer this year. I hunt private property that is a couple hundred acres. The dnr is under a lot of pressure right now from the insurance and farming industry to get population down. That's what I was told before last spring by some people within the department.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Hunt a number of areas. Porter, Lake, and Jasper counties in the north and Owen County in S.Indiana. Overall deer numbers were good the first part of the season however the end of the season i didn't see anything anywhere.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hunt in NE of Seney in Michigans UP. We saw more deer this year than in the last 7 years combined. There was a wolf pack that had dens about a mile south of our cabin. This year we went there to check and no sign of the wolves.:D Don't know if someone ran them off, killed them or they moved on their own. Just know that with them gone the deer moved in in large numbers. We saw deer in every spot every day. In years past there were times we didn't see any deer for 8 days straight. We are really hoping that the wolves don't come back. The cabin is VERY remote, we never see another hunter the 10 days we are there. I LOVE it. Can't wait to get up there again this year and see whats up.:rockwoot:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Numbers have been down in my hunting area for a few years. There was 7 deer taken that I know of in a squre mile,plus there were some I'm not aware of I'm sure.
    Out shed hunting Friday I saw 3 dead deer and a dead turkey. Plus one skeleton. Hope theres a couple left for this season. Wasnt that many does coming to the fields last fall to start with. I hate taking does in this area,because theres not that many to start with.

schoolmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Blackford Co. Hunted hard from Oct 1 until end of muzzy season. Saw 2 deer total. Numbers have been steadily declining for last 5 years. Herd reduction working real well.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I see a lot more deer now then I have in years. Even on my brothers property the deer are everywere and you can see them everyday. Sad part is he dosen't allow hunting on his property during deer season unless you are a good friend or part of our family. I even see deer around the Girls Scott camp a lot when I am in that part of the city. Deer will move around to different areas for feeding when their food source is low so maybe this is some reasons many of you see less deer now then before. Just my thought INGO.

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    im in madison county and here i say decline. but have seen alot more coyotes and dog packs, and i think the coyotes are way over here and i think it is hurting the deer we see.

Top Bottom